Reid Sleeve

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Reid Sleeve

Postby lazyleftleg » Fri May 04, 2007 12:47 pm

this may be digging up an old topic, but i was curious about how many of you wear a reid sleeve. i started back to therapy on tuesday and my therapist was saying she thought i would be a good candidate for one. the way she explained it was it would replace having to wrap in the future once we get my swelling back down. i would wear it nightly and shouldn't have to wrap anymore. is this so for any of you? also, do you recall how much they cost? i don't think my insurance will cover until i've met my ded. thanks.
lazyleftleg

Postby gottahavesun » Fri May 04, 2007 7:35 pm

HI there,
I currently wear custom classic reid sleeves on both legs and they cost $1800 a piece 2 years ago. I wear off the shelf optiflows on my arms and they cost $400 a piece-which was the cost 2 years ago and the price I paid a couple a months ago for replacements.

I sleep in all of these every night and also wear them at times when I'm at home. These have pretty much replaced wrapping; however, I do wrap at times but probably only once every couple of months-mainly when I need to wear the wrap all day to work on certain areas. The reid sleeves are okay at home but kind of bulky to wear out and about. They do a great job moving the fluid as well. If you do a search on here you for reid sleeves you will see what I and others have written in the past about our reid sleeve experiences. Feel free to ask me any other question concerning these or anything else you want to inquire about.
Lisa
gottahavesun

Postby lazyleftleg » Fri May 04, 2007 9:01 pm

thanks lisa. i did do some research and found several people's comments about the reid sleeve. it sounds like it would be pretty beneficial for my situation and i'm very excited about it...not too excited about the cost, but i guess if it works as well as i hope it will be priceless. thanks again.
lazyleftleg

Return to Leg Lymphedema