Farrow wraps

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Farrow wraps

Postby Kim » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:04 pm

I had never heard of Farrow wraps until I saw the link in a recent post from Pat.

I would really like some feedback on them from those who have used them.

Thanks,
Kim
Kim

Postby nancyroa » Sun May 27, 2007 12:12 pm

I just found out about these and will be trying one in the next few weeks, I think. My concern is "how do they do it around the knees?".

I'll let you know what I experience.

nancy
nancyroa

Postby Kim » Sun May 27, 2007 1:38 pm

That would be great, Nancy. Thanks! Hope they work for you!

Kim
Kim

Postby bbkmomma » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:19 pm

When going for my support hose fitting at Healthtronix in Richardson, TX, Mary told me that Farrow wraps are great. I have not seen any that go above the knee, but I am sure they do. I am VERY interested in them since they are more convenient than wrapping.
bbkmomma

Postby patoco » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:29 pm

Hi ya "Momma" :D

There are indeed Farrow Wraps that go above the knee.

Here's the link again:

Farrow Medical Innovations

https://farrowmedical.com/welcome-farro ... nnovations

I must tell you too, that I had a chance to briefly speak with Dr. Farrow at the NLN Medical Conference last Fall. I was so totally taken by his concern and compassion for those of us with LE.

Very cool guy :!: :!: :!:

I think these wraps are going to be a major help to soooo many people.

Best :)

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Re: Farrow wraps

Postby nancycels » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:10 am

I have a custom farrow wrap that goes up to mid thigh. It has pluses and minuses. Since I have lymphedema in both legs, wearing both of the wraps at one time means i need my cane so I don't go crashing over off balance. Granted I am overweight to begin with, and the swelling makes balancing w/bandaging tough. The piece that goes around my knee sometimes stays in place and sometimes moves, and I never manage to wear it while driving which is one thing I really need it for so I can go to work. I'm not convinced it's the answer for me, but until i find something better I'll work with it. A regular compression stocking won't work becuase I have papillomas that stick out and I'm afraid I'll rip them off trying to don the hose. Have a huge amount of swelling behind my knee, ... on a good day it's soft ball size... on a bad one.. well it's huge. So right now I'm back in therapy and bandaging with foam etc. Hopefully it will do the trick and get it all back under control again.
nancycels

Return to Leg Lymphedema