Right Leg Lymphedema

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Right Leg Lymphedema

Postby Darlene » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:13 am

I have had right lower leg lymphedema for the past 20 years, along with minimal cardiovascular edema. I have undergone various treatments beginning with the pump, then graduating to MLD and wrapping, as well as the Reid Sleeve. I presently wear a Jobst Elvarex compression stocking which I have found to be very effective. Jobst recently made some changes to the stocking, and I do not find it as as effective.

Has anybody else experienced this with the Jobst Elvarex?

I have been fortunate that my lymphedema has been reasonably maintained, although about a month ago, for reasons that I cannot explain, my foot and toes swelled and became very hard. I have been unable to move the lymphedema out.

I recently read one study about the use of the Chi machine for lymphedema.

Has anybody had experience using the Chi machine? It is somewhat expensive $500, and I have 14 days to return it. Would appreciate hearing about anybody else's experiences with the Chi.

Thank you.

Darlene
Darlene

Postby silkie » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:05 am

Hi Darlene

My practioner reccomended it to me there having some good results I believe with it

one problem ir the heel of the fut can rub so padding there area helps

A lot of people bought chi machines as cosmetic weight excercise and like most equiptment it gets used once and sits on the shelf gathering dust

Have a check on Ebay first you can pick them up for very few dollars
hardly used

Might save you a little

Hugssssssssssssss

Silksxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Postby Darlene » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:31 am

Many thanks, Silkie, for the information on the Chi machine. I do like using it and sometimes feel that my ankle on my non-lymphedema leg does hurt a little and needs some extra padding.

I will check e-Bay as you suggested.
Darlene

Postby joanne johnson » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:21 pm

Hi Darlene and Silkie,
What exactly is a Chi Machine? I have never heard of it. I"m glad it worked for both of you. I assume it is some type of exercise machine from what you have posted.
joanne johnson

Chi machine

Postby Tania » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:43 am

One of my therapists uses and recommends it. There is an older and newer model available, so watch out for that as you are looking on ebay. She also recommended something to protect the ankles. I'll see if I can ask her again what solution she came up with that sounded pretty handy.
Tania

Postby Darlene » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:49 pm

Thank you, Tania. I am happy to hear that your therapist uses it and recommends it, as I have not yet seen any results. I have only used it for one week, and it is too early to tell.

I ordered directly from the company who sells Sun Ancon, so I probably have the latest model.

There is a cover for the machine to protect the ankles, and you can also put a towel over it for extra protection.

If your therapist has other suggestions, I would love to hear them, too.
Darlene

Postby silkie » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:25 am

Hi Joanne

A chi machine is a small box you lie on the floor rest your ankles on it
and it sort of sends a wave of movement through the feel and up the legs
your legs are slightly elevated on the machine also

There has been study done in Australia at flynders Uni
I believe the study has come out with preety good results a waiting it being fully published You have to strick to recommended times etc
when using it dont think id you do it ten times longer you will get 10 times improvement it doesnt work that way. I believe it has helped those with less mobility to as soon as the I can get the published report i will pat will sure to put new info on here to

Hugs

Silks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pat has information here on the chi machine
silkie

Return to Leg Lymphedema