Tubegrips

laser workshops, physiatrists, Diaphragmatic Breathing, daflon 500, coumarin powder, nordic walking, lymphocyte injection, essential oils, massagers, ball massage, heat, Lymphomyosot, Self Massage Therapy, Elastin Ampules, Lymphobiology, leg drainage, naturopathy, ace bandages, Craniosacral Therapy, lymph node transplants, Lymphatic-venous anastomosis, vein grafting, lymph vessel transplantation, surgery scrotal lymphedema, shoes

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, patoco, Senior Moderators

Tubegrips

Postby katytambou » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi, Can someone please help me? What are tubegrips? I heard they have a light compression and you wear then under your short bandages instead of cotton or the foam.

Thank you,
Kathy
katytambou

Re: Tubegrips

Postby patoco » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:17 pm

Hey Katy :)

They are a very light compression "tube" type of sock that would be used as the first garment you put on when ding compression bandage wrapping (using short-stretch).

I use them and find them very very comfortable. You can also wash them, then I just let them dry by themselves - never put them in a dryer as it really destroys the compression factor. The generally last a long time, but eventual do get kinda raggedy and "noncompressive" (LOL...hmmm..is that a real word?)

Just about all the lymphedema product stores carry them and I find them quite worth the money.

The skin on my right leg is incredibly fragile and they have never harmed, irritated or cause other damage too.

However, they should not be used as a replacement for the foam rubber pieces that we used to give that extra massage to a difficult spot. You should continue to use whatever spot-foam pieces you need. You can use them to replace the rolled cotton fabric or the rolled foam rubber you put on as your base wrap.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Re: Tubegrips

Postby katytambou » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi Pat,

Thank you so much for answering my question.

Kathy
katytambou

Return to Treatment for Lymphedema