EKG Test - Help!

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

EKG Test - Help!

Postby cathyrules » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi all,

I am going to have my first ever EKG test. From what I have been told they put wires on your chest, wrist and ankle.

The problem I have is that I don't really have an ankle right now. I have lower leg lymphedema and can't find sufficient treatment where I live (still trying to get in somewhere). So needless to say my legs are a mess. Very very swollen.

Anyway, has anyone ever had a EKG test where they didn't need to put some wires on your legs or ankles?

Thanks for the help!

Cathy
cathyrules

Re: EKG Test - Help!

Postby patoco » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:52 am

Hey Cathy

Geezz...been there done that too. :( I actually do have an ankle, but it is solid "cement" and radiology tests have great difficulties even penetrating it. For example, a standard unltrasound bounces off the tissue.

If I remember correctly, when they couldn't get a signal, they actaully moved the little device around on the leg until they could picked something up. It seems that from what they did when I had mine that the device doesn't actually have to be right on the ankle itself. They should be able to do that with you as well.

There are other tests that they can run as well that can verify the findings of the ekg. After mine they also did a doppler and several other things.

Are they trying to confirm LE? or just see if there are any other conditions too?

All the best for you :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Re: EKG Test - Help!

Postby Queenie EJC » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:22 am

I have severe leg lymphedema and have had a heart attack, requiring periodic EKG's. The technician in the cardiologist's office applies all the leads to the upper body. It has never been a problem, and results are the same as obtained using leads on the legs.
Queenie EJC

Return to Leg Lymphedema