More Questions

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

More Questions

Postby KittyKat » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

I went to speak with someone else yesterday who is a trained and certified in MLD. He tried something called a Foot/Organ Detox. He had me put my feet in a foot bath type of thing with warm water and salt and electric thing he put into it connect to a machine. He says that it pulls negative and positive ions and that pulls the toxins out of me. A lot of stuff came out and we are going to try it again on Monday and then try MLD. I also go back to the therapist I've had issues with Monday to. Hopefully, it will go better with her.

I looked at the registry of doctors and therapists. I found some therapists in my area, but there was nothing for doctors in Virginia. I was referred previously by the Veterans Hospitals to see a vascular surgeon, but I don't know. Would I be better to try that route again, just with a private doctor?

I'm also supposed to get another C & P physical exam with the Veterans Admin on Friday. At the moment, I do not feel comfortable going to that appointment, because I'm a mess emotionally and with none of the physical stuff going right. I'm going to try to reschedule it for the following weeks.

Also is it common to feel really tired and lethargic when you have lymphedema? I constantly feel really tired no matter if I sleep 12 hours or 4 hours. Also, I seem to be "open" to catching colds and stuff really easily and I also feel like I have the flu a lot. Is this common? On top of the headache with the Lymphedema, I also have a lot of symptoms that are very similar to those of Lupus. Many people have asked me if I have Lupus. I know I've been tested for it, but I've been told that some of the "usual" tests that come back as not having Lupus are usually false-negative tests. I'm going to try to get in touch with a private doctor this week.

Thanks again for all your help and support.

Sarah
KittyKat

Return to Welcome Family