I am OUTRAGED !!!!

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

I am OUTRAGED !!!!

Postby JacquieC » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:17 pm

It just INFURIATES me when these so called medical suppliers double the price of medical equipment...case and point........ I am looking into getting a pair of the Custom Classic 3/4 length Reid Sleeve with the gauge.
I saw an online medical equipment company who gave a good speal, they'd help bill the insurance and write a letter to them if needed.
Sounded good to me until they told me how much each sleeve would be.....
they quoted $2,650 PER sleeve, and oh wait, they would give me 20% off since I am paying out of pocket more than likely.
So I talk to my LE therapist who almost hit the floor when I told her the price I was quoted. She got right on the phone and made a call to the medical equipment place she deals with and I can get them for $1,465.63 per sleeve including the gauge. WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN COST !!!!
Where do these companies get off charging a $1,000 more, this lady knew I was going to self pay, its not like she had to pad the bill to make a profit from the insurance company. Shame on them.

It definitley pays to shop around for these items.
JacquieC

Postby patoco » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:42 pm

OMG :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Jacquie, let me know the name of this outfit. We need to make lymphers aware of these sorry a** rip off companies.

Am soooooooooooooo glad you talked to your therapist before ordering. Can't believe that a company would try to rip you off like that.

You might also consider dropping a letter to Dr. Reid at Peninsula Medical. He is a great guy and I'm sure he would want to know about this company.

gggggggggggggg :!: :!: :!: :twisted: :!: :twisted:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Re: I am OUTRAGED !!!!

Postby vwhippiegirl » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:48 am

JacquieC wrote:It just INFURIATES me when these so called medical suppliers double the price of medical equipment...case and point........ I am looking into getting a pair of the Custom Classic 3/4 length Reid Sleeve with the gauge.
I saw an online medical equipment company who gave a good speal, they'd help bill the insurance and write a letter to them if needed.
Sounded good to me until they told me how much each sleeve would be.....
they quoted $2,650 PER sleeve, and oh wait, they would give me 20% off since I am paying out of pocket more than likely.
So I talk to my LE therapist who almost hit the floor when I told her the price I was quoted. She got right on the phone and made a call to the medical equipment place she deals with and I can get them for $1,465.63 per sleeve including the gauge. WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN COST !!!!
Where do these companies get off charging a $1,000 more, this lady knew I was going to self pay, its not like she had to pad the bill to make a profit from the insurance company. Shame on them.

It definitley pays to shop around for these items.

I kind of had the same thing happen to me. When I went to my first therapist she made it sound like it was the end of the world if I didn't have my stockings by the third week of therapy. So I did some calling around to several places covered by my insurance and of course none of them carried the compression stockings. Being new to the whole thing and not knowing better, I felt like I had no other choice than to go with their medical supplier. My therapist told me it should cost around $75 because I was just getting over the counter stockings not custom. To try and make a very long story short I got charged $300 for two pairs of stockings. The medical supplier tried to make me feel better by saying at least I had met my out of pocket for my insurance so they would cover 75% from now on. I have since learned I got ripped off big time, so I have done the research to find places that charge what they should. Wish I hadn't of been so foolish about it the first time.
vwhippiegirl

Postby gary1955 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:59 am

This kind of price gouging makes me sick! When i read what they said to you about your deductible being met.... what do these people think? That we're stupid or something? We had a medical supply place here that I used to deal with. One time I was there paying on my account when I heard one of the customer service reps bragging how they had a customer in tears over a billing issue. Then this person just laughed about it. I had everything to do to keep from flooring this person right there.
gary1955

Return to Leg Lymphedema