Lymphedema and genital warts

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Re: Lymphedema and genital warts

Postby patoco » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi Keisa

It is not uncommon to get those warts (growths). I actually have quite a problem with them on my legs (both have LE).

The leg ones are very easy to remove and the doctors also does use a laser to see of where the removal snip is. I should imagine the genital would also be able to be removed. Just be sure that the surgeon who does it is well skilled, and familliar with lymphedema. BTW, my concern with leaving them is the possibility of them getting irritated and infected. That would be serious.

As hard as it might be, I think I would be open and honest with my fiance about it too. It is better to get it out in the open now, then for them to "discover" a problem later. In my own personal opinion, if the guy loves you, then it WON'T make a difference to them.

Super welcome to our family and please don't hesitate to ask any question, or express any concern :!:

My very best to you

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby blubrdfrend » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:32 am

Hello Keisa,

Welcome to our family. I hope that this site will help you as it has helped me. I too, have LE of the left leg. I am over 65 years of age. I have lived a mostly normal life until a few years ago. There will be things that you can not do but there are so many pleasures of life that you will enjoy. We are glad that you found us.
Betty
blubrdfrend

Postby patoco » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:16 am

Hey Keisa :)

A good surgeon should be able to remove them with no problems. Thus far, I have had them removed several times with not even a slight problem. The bad thing is that there probably will be more. I already have a new crop growing in the same area that the others were removed.

They never disappear by themselves and I find mine will keep getting larger too.

Seems these things are fairly common for those of us with LE.

Oh, also when you have them removed, be sure to have the doc put you on a course of antibiotics to help prevent any possible infection.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby patoco » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:53 am

Hi Keisa

Haven't used Black Seed Oil ili Nigella Sativ - personally, I don't hold much to these remedies that have no independent
clinical studies to show how safe and effective they are.

Manual Lymphatic Drainage? yes, yes and yes. In any stage for as long as it is needed to improve your lymphedema.

This is the gold standard treatment from lymphedema. Here is our page on it:

LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE (MLD) and COMPLEX DECONGESTIVE THERAPY

http://www.lymphedemapeople.com/wiki/do ... herapy_cdt

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby patoco » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:56 am

Hey Keisa

That new crop I mentioned last year was removed this year. It was unreal how many there were and some were quite large. It seems every year now, I have to have them removed....they were on both legs around the knees.

Dermatofibroma is the "formal" diagnosis on mine as well. I wish we could ignore them, but because of the risk they might develop into cancer, we really have no option but to have them removed.

I also don't know of any way to prevent them from coming back, no creams, ointments or anything like that seem to work. Constant compression wrapping does help keep them smaller then they might become otherwise, but it doesn't seem to prevent them from coming back.

Also, from what I understand they are NOT contagious, so you should not be able to "give" them to anyone else and please understand these growths have no bearing on sexual activity.

They are specifically a complication of our lymphedema and can occur anywhere on our body. BTW, those picture look exactly like what I have on my legs as well.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby patoco » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:03 am

Hi Keisa

The only thing I can think of that might help would be to see if aloe would help soften them. Aloe is a fantastic skin topping that helps with many skin discomforts and aloe vera is actually an antibacterial agent. That might help the inflammatino by doing that as well.

As far as detralex goes, while it does help with vascular disorder, lymphedema is a lymphatic disorder and there is no evidence at the present time at all that it would be helpful in lymphedema. There are claims that it does, but no clinical evidence yet. I would suspect that what happens is that people with edema resulting from CVI are the ones helped. This is because the detralex helps the vasular issue, thus helps the edema from it.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby patoco » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:32 pm

Wow....thanks for sharing this. I need to bring this to some therapist as see what they think. It would sure be great not to have them anymore. Already new ones are growing in the places the ones were in last year. It took months for those to heal and I an't see going through it all again like it was.
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories