Truncal Lymphedema

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Truncal Lymphedema

Postby donsuzbee » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:47 pm

I was diagnosed 4 years ago with lymphedema in my right arm following Mod Rad mastectomy, 1993, recurrance same area 2001 - full radiation. I had had an implant in 1999 but the implant "did not make it thru the radiation" as my radiologist says. Had it removed in 1992 after being diagnosed with lymphedema. Much therapy, wrapping, etc - you know the story. I now use a Tribute vest and sleeve at night and custom fitted compression sleeve during the day. I have much lymphedema in my trunk, down my back. Have used Kiniseo tape in the past, it does help some. I now have a MLD machine called a Tactile system. Have you heard of it? I cannot use it much as I have lots of scar tissue in the trunk that is very tender.

Any words of wisdom anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I recently did use the Tactile for a few days and lost 5 pounds - and my big stomach - in 3 days. Sometimes I wrap over the Tribute at night for extra wrap to help. All in all I have stabilized if I am diligent.

Susan :P
donsuzbee

Truncal Lymphedema

Postby patoco » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:12 pm

Hi Susan

Welcome home :wink:

Here is a page on truncal lymphedema from my blog

My Life with Lymphedema

http://mylifewithlymphedema.blogspot.co ... edema.html

It also has a link directly to Bellisse. They have more info and much help.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Truncal Lymphedema

Postby donsuzbee » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:58 pm

A Belisse bra looks great, but does me no good as I had to have my right implant removed and a left prophylactic mastectomy. I am too tender with the truncal lymphedema and scar tissue to wear a prosthesis of any kind. So I just keep on keepin' on.
God bless!
donsuzbee

Re: Truncal Lymphedema

Postby NetterBug » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:23 pm

Hi Susan,
What is a Tactile system? Will it help plain old fashioned obese people lose five pounds in a few days? If so, I want one. LOL

I'm sorry to read that you have had cancer. It's such an awful disease. Every year I raise money by doing the Relay for Life in our city. This year was the first year that I did not participate due to my own health problems - and I still feel like something is missing from the summer. I'll have to find out if there will be other events going on in this area before summer ends.

Netter Bug

donsuzbee wrote:I was diagnosed 4 years ago with lymphedema in my right arm following Mod Rad mastectomy, 1993, recurrance same area 2001 - full radiation. I had had an implant in 1999 but the implant "did not make it thru the radiation" as my radiologist says. Had it removed in 1992 after being diagnosed with lymphedema. Much therapy, wrapping, etc - you know the story. I now use a Tribute vest and sleeve at night and custom fitted compression sleeve during the day. I have much lymphedema in my trunk, down my back. Have used Kiniseo tape in the past, it does help some. I now have a MLD machine called a Tactile system. Have you heard of it? I cannot use it much as I have lots of scar tissue in the trunk that is very tender.

Any words of wisdom anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I recently did use the Tactile for a few days and lost 5 pounds - and my big stomach - in 3 days. Sometimes I wrap over the Tribute at night for extra wrap to help. All in all I have stabilized if I am diligent.

Susan :P
NetterBug

Postby patoco » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:23 pm

Hi Again Nutter :D

The Tactile system is a new type of compression device called the Flexitouch.

http://www.tactilesystems.com/

Look under our "treatment" forum and you will find both my personal review of the unit for leg lymphedema and new studies out for arm lymphedema.

Very promising device and seems very effective.

Pat 8)
patoco
Site Admin

Postby NetterBug » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:46 pm

ROFLMBO ... Nutter! Ha ha ha! Sometimes I feel like a nut, other times I feel like a Nette, or Lynnette. My family nicknames are "Netter Bug" "Netter" "Nette" "Lena" and my all time favorite "Sis"

It's nice to be teased so early on, I really feel comfy here. :lol:

Thanks, I'll check the information out on the tactile system.

Netter Bug

patoco wrote:Hi Again Nutter :D

The Tactile system is a new type of compression device called the Flexitouch.

http://www.tactilesystems.com/

Look under our "treatment" forum and you will find both my personal review of the unit for leg lymphedema and new studies out for arm lymphedema.

Very promising device and seems very effective.

Pat 8)
NetterBug

Return to Welcome Family