Lymphedema Pump

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Lymphedema Pump

Postby blubrdfrend » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:41 am

I still have my lymphedema pump. I have not used it in years. I became concerned after reading about the complications that it could cause. I had read that it is possible that the pump could push fluid into undamaged areas. I also read that one patient said she thought it had caused the lymph to move into her groin area. Am I right to be concerned that the machine could cause more damage than I now have? What do I do with the machine?
blubrdfrend

Re: Lymphedema Pump

Postby patoco » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:21 am

You are right to be concerned. I don't think I will ever use one of those pneumatic compression units again. I tired them in the early seventies without much good happening.

There have been many reports of lymph being moved into unaffected areas and into the genital areas.

I wish the companies would offer a money back policy, but they don't. Once you buy one, yo are prettm much stuck with it - to the closet to collect dust. :(

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby blubrdfrend » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:12 am

I would give it away but I am afraid that it could injure someone. The best place for it may be the county dump. I agree with you. I will never use it again. By the way our kayak group is growing. We have 5 now. They help me out of the kayak since my leg no longer bends well. Stepping into the kayak is not a problem. I keep my leg wrapped well to ward off insect bites. The time will come when I won't be able to go but for now it is great.
blubrdfrend

Postby patoco » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 am

Ohhhhh....enjoy that kayack......color me green :mrgreen:

I love doing that too.

Enjoy it for absolutely as long as you can :!: :!: :D :D

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Leg Lymphedema