Compression Stockings - at Night

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Compression Stockings - at Night

Postby furrymonkey » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:17 am

Hi All

I've been advised to wear Level 1 compression stockings at night (I wear Level 2 during the day).

However I've been getting cramp every night since I started wearing them and also the intense sensitivity and pain the next day is nasty! Does anyone else wear them at night? Do you get these problems too?

Many thanks for all comments!
furrymonkey

Re: Compression Stockings - at Night

Postby patoco » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:06 am

Hi there stranger :)

Good to hear from you :!: :!:

Let your lymphedema therapist know whats happening and see what they can come up with.

I had to give up even trying to wear the compression garments due to severe nerve damage from those surgeries and because of abdominal/pleural fluid.

Had a follow-up treatment of Rituxan in 2006 and shrotly thereafter the thoracic duct lymphatics and the right side lymphatics almost totally shut down.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby furrymonkey » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:51 am

Hi Pat :D

Great to 'see' you too!

I've been trying to persevere with these things but it's so painful. They have no 'edging' to them and they cut in at several places and are making deep ridges. It is also making my whole lower legs 'sting' - can't explain it more than that. Every time I touch them or even walk, it stings! I was hoping maybe it was the Lymph breaking down, but I don't know if it is or not. I'm not as educated as you on them!

I'll have to get back on to them by the sound of it.

Have a great weekend! :D

Bye for now
Karen x
furrymonkey

Postby patoco » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:44 am

Hey there Karen

I don't think I would do them if they are causing that much pain and discomfort.

Something isn't fitting right and I would be concerned about damaging lymphatics or worse a clot.

Be careful - don't be such a stranger either :wink:

Pat :mrgreen:
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Leg Lymphedema