FARROW WRAP????

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

FARROW WRAP????

Postby brendaluvsgarth » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Anyone have any experience with them? Has your insurance covered it? Better or worse than traditional wraps? Any info is appreciated
brendaluvsgarth

Re: FARROW WRAP????

Postby patoco » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:40 am

Hi Brenda

I was wondering this too and hoping anyone who has used them would respond. In my other groups people report good things about them and how helpful they are.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby brendaluvsgarth » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:45 pm

My husband got fitted and submitted it to insurance. One leg was stock size, but his right leg was custom. Insurance has approved it and we should have it within 2 weeks!!! Yay!!! Thank goodness for insurance. I will let you know how it works for him. Not sure if you remember his story, but he had a 50 pound (dry weight, 80 pounds including fluid)massive lymphedema removed in May.
We are still attempting complete wound closure 4 months later, but for sure his mobility is better
brendaluvsgarth

Postby patoco » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:08 am

Hi Brenda :)

I do remember your hubby.

Is he going to wear a stocking over the open area?

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby brendaluvsgarth » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Right now we are just going to use the wraps from toes to knee until the wound on his thigh is closed. It is so slow going. And then its a constant battle to stem the weeping on the back of his thigh from the tape removal. So its a cycle of cavilon barrier wipes, thick layer of desitin, bandage higher to keep area covered, and repeat!!!! Frustrating, but what are our choices right? Certainly better off than we were 5 months ago, but I certainly thought it would be closed by now. Four months of twice daily bandage changes for his wound, 3x a week for lymphedema treatment, every other week to Boston for wound clinic with his surgeon and honestly, NO end in sight. We are learning patience, to be humble, to accept help when we need it and appreciation for others. (I would like to learn less and have it healed LOL) Ok, maybe I havent LEARNED patience, so much as practiced patience LOL
brendaluvsgarth

Postby brendaluvsgarth » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:40 pm

for the record, my husband got READY WRAP 2 weeks ago. They are such a GODSEND and they have made an amazing difference. I can see a daily difference
brendaluvsgarth

Return to Welcome Family