My Brother Steve O'Connor

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

My Brother Steve O'Connor

Postby patoco » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:56 am

For those of you who were members back in 2006, you may recall me sharing about my brother Steve, living in Alaska and a terrible accident he had.

He made amazing recovery, but still had severe problems with his right leg that effected his mobility. Two weeks ago, he took a fall and fractured three ribs. The xrays they then took showed also that the Hodgkins lymphoma that he had been clear of for 35 years had returned. This time in his right lung.

Last week, he had his first round of chemo and it backfired horribly.
Two days after the chemo he was admitted to the ICU of the local hospital.

My beloved brother passed away On Oct 7th.

This came like a lightning bolt out of a perfectly blue sky, so we are totally stunned at trying to deal with this.

I'm going to try and put together a tribute and post it in a couple days.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Re: My Brother Steve O'Connor

Postby Moons » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:32 am

Pat I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you in my heart and thoughts.
Moons

Postby blubrdfrend » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Pat, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. It is good that you and he had many years together. I know that you were a support to him during his illness. I believe in prayer. I will be praying that God will comfort you and your family during this sad time.
Betty
blubrdfrend

Postby patoco » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:53 am

Thank you so much Betty and Moons.

The suddeness of this just left us stunned, especially considering he had been cancer free to 35 years.

I have such a deep respect and admiration for Steve and have spent some time
going through the memories of our times together.

When my time comes, I know my big brother will be there to welcome me and we
will celebrate together.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby joanne johnson » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:09 am

Dear Pat,

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your brother Steve. I am glad that you had each other and wonderful memories to share. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Now yo have an angel in heaven who will be looking out for you. Even though he is no longer here, you will feel his presence. My sincere condolences.
joanne johnson

Postby patoco » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:19 am

Hey Joanne

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. You're right too, I really do feel his presence with me.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby donsuzbee » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Pat,
I have not been on here for awhile and I am so sorry to have missed your posting about your brother. I know this will be a hard time for you for quite awhile. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Susan B.
donsuzbee

Postby patoco » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:38 am

Hi Susan :)

Thanks so much for your note. I very much appreciate it.

Good to see you back too :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby Kim » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Pat,
I am so sorry to know about your brother. My heart and prayers are with you.

My dear sweet daddy passed away Oct 2, after being diagnosed with cancer 2 months before. We are still reeling and in "recovery", but God has been with us and such a comfort in getting through the days and adjustments as reality has just begun to settle in. When someone passes, people tend to say, "i lost him...or her", but in truth, I didn't lose my daddy! I know right where he is, and one day we will be together again. Even so, I miss him every day.

I will pray for you and for your family, Pat, that you will know that peace that passes all understanding.

Blessings,
Kim
Kim

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories