Lymphedema and Tendonitis

Lymph Node Infarction, Diabetes, Prader Willi Syndrome, Buerger's Disease, Clark's Syndrome, Axillary Web Syndrome, Post Thrombotic Syndrome, Sed Rate, Chronic Myofascial Pain, Kawasaki Disease, Duncan's Syndrome, pulmonary edema, thoracentesis, pleurodesis, lung fluid, Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), Restless Leg Syndrome, Inflammation, Lipomas, Crohn's Disease, Panniculitis, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Phelan-McDermid Syndrome - 22q13 deletion, lymphoproliferative disorders, blood tests. amniotic band syndrome, nerve damage, hives, leg edema, omphalocele, Podoconiosis

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Lymphedema and Tendonitis

Postby AzDarleen » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:53 am

Hi there, I hope someone can help, I have had LE in my right arm since Jan 2006 and now after 3 months they have finally decided I also have tendonites in my elbow in the same arm I have LE, If I do the commpresse wrap it really causes a lot of pain in the elbow, can't wear my seleve or glove right now, arm is too big right now. Is there anyone else that has had this problem and if so what did they do, it seems that if I do something to help the LE it makes the pain in elbow worse. I tried swiming, it was good for the LE but about an hour later I had alot of pain in arm.
Thanks for listening to me and any help
Darleen :?:
AzDarleen

Postby patoco » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:53 pm

Hi Darleen

Super welcome to our family here. :)

This actually seems to be quite a problem for a lot of people with lymphedema, and its finally being written about in a number of articles.

I searched and searched to find information that may help combine LE treatment while still treating the tendonitis. Unfortunetely, the consensus seems to be that the focus should first be placed on resolving the tendonitis.

The reason is that the tendonitis may actually complicate the lymphedema by producing localized inflammation. I personally found this out when I had tendonitis in my right hand.

Also, decongestive therapy may actually produce musculoskeletal over use problems during tendonitis. Compressive bandaging also restricts joint excursion, increases limb weight and bulk, and forces patients to alter limb usage patterns.

Are you or have you received any treatment for the tendonitis?

Let me know and we'll go from there to see what further can be found.

Best to Ya

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

lymphedema and Tendonitis

Postby AzDarleen » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:26 pm

Thanks for the information, as for treating the tendonitis, so far they have tried some excises (didn't help at all) and had me on an anit inflamtion drugs ( naprosyn or motrin) didn't help much, next they are sending me to a orthopedice Doc ( fun fun) My LE therapist has stoped working on me when my arm frist started hurting cause she didn't want to make it worst, plus I wasn't responding to treatment at all. I have been having problems with the tendonitis since middle of May, no one seems to know what to do with me. I'm hoping I will get in to see the orthopedice Doc some time next week. I'm open to any ideas. So far everyone agrees, that the tendonitis has to be taken care of before I can go back treating my LE. To made is worse, I live in Az and the heat doesn't hepl the LE at all.
Thanks
Darleen
AzDarleen

Postby BL » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:19 am

Regarding the lymphedema and tendonitis
I am a ultrasound technologist. I have developed medial epicondylitis (golfers elbow). This is a workmans comp. claimed caused from scanning. I have been sent to several doctors. You need to use ice instead of heat. Get a wrist splint to sleep in at night and to work in. The tendonitis in your elbow is caused by the wrist motion.
BL

Postby silkie » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:58 pm

Hi
I have been reading your postinfs with interest
I have never had this complaint sounds very painful

I do have lymph and carpol tunnelng

My therapist introduced me to kinesio taping

which not only helped the pain of carpol almost immediately
it helps move the fluid.

I have no idea if it can help your problem

But might be worth researching and looking into

i might be totally wrong, it is just a thought

Hugsssssssssssss

Silksxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Re: Lymphedema and Tendonitis

Postby Hoopa7p » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:10 pm

I am fairly new to the Lymphedema sites. I was diagnosed not too long ago. A foot doctor actually diagnosed my lymphedema after treating me for Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and a Morton's Neuroma. I also have Plantar Fascitis in both feet. Plantar Fascitis is another name for tendonitis in the feet. The foot doctor determined that I have Lymphedema due to consistent swelling in the ankles in both my feet. My cardiologist agreed with the diagnosis saying it was due to Vascular Insufficiency. I had Tarsal Tunnel Surgery and Neuroma surgery last August (2009) and went through quite a bit of physical therapy. I had a total of three physical therapists work on me. The first one made the Lymphedema worse. The second physical therapist was actually the owner of the clinic and trained in Lymphedema message. He helped it quite a lot. The last therapist made the swelling much worse again. The exercises that I do for the Plantar Fascitis also seem to help in contolling the Lymphedema. They include rolling a tennis ball under my feet or using a frozen water bottle under the feet. They also had me stretching the ligament. I just thought I would let you know that there are other people with Lymphedema that also have the above mentioned problems that I have.
Hoopa7p

Return to Related Medical Conditions