Any therapist, please help

A special forum where you can have direct chat with a certified lymphedema therapist for questions regarding your treatment and daily management of lymphedema. Tom Kincheloe is our moderator for this forum.

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, tkincheloe, Senior Moderators

Any therapist, please help

Postby adeelraja » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:31 am

Dear Tom,

Hello, I am Adeel all the way from Pakistan. My mother was operated for breast cancer some 4 years back. Later her left side (first operation was on the right side) was also operated as the cancer was bi-lateral. She had pain for 4 years and recently a month or two back she started complaining of swelling in her arm which worsend by day especially the pain. Just today I got to know that it is lymphedema as the oncologist said. And well, not many doctors know of this. I came to know about your website thru google and thought I would put in a query to you for instant response as I dont know about any therapy and am afraid there would be any available in my country. Can you teach me some relief tips and what can be done to help? I am very worried and my mother is in great pain.

Please do help me.

Adeel Raja
adeelraja@gmail.com
adeelraja

Re: Any therapist, please help

Postby tkincheloe » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi Adeel and welcome!

Please contact me at luvmaponds@yahoo.com and I will be glad to help you either locate a therapist in your country or help you help your mother. Her condition is not abnormal and we've had many ladies develop pain and lymphedema long after breast cancer surgery. I believe there may be qualified therapists in Pakistan and we'll see who we can find for you.

Tom
tkincheloe

Re: Any therapist, please help

Postby tkincheloe » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Hello all:

Anyone seeking help through "Meet The Therapist", please contact me directly at luvmaponds@yahoo.com.

I apologize for the delays but I don't always get to the various web sites to check my messages. I am more likely to respond quicker if you contact me at my private email address.

Thanks!

Tom Kincheloe, OTR/L, CLT
Licensed Occupational Therapist/Certified Lymphedema Therapist
Outpatient Lymphedema Treatment Clinc/Rehab Services
Kingston Nursing Center at Conway Medical Center
Conway, South Carolina, USA
tkincheloe

Return to Meet the Therapist