Phantom liquid feeling......

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Phantom liquid feeling......

Postby LadyDi » Wed May 09, 2007 2:42 am

I was wondering if anyone else has this symptom. It feels like there is fluid running down my leg. We all know how that feels. I used to have it bad but has cleared up since I have been diagnosed and trying to do things right. It feels just like its running down my leg but when I look, my leg is dry. Is that a phantom deal like with phantom pain or what is it???
It feels very strange! :? Anyone have this symptom?? Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas, symptoms or whatever......sure makes it comforting to know you are not alone in dealing with LE. Hope everyone has a good day! :)
LadyDi

Postby patoco » Fri May 11, 2007 12:16 pm

Hi Ya Lady :D

Oh do I know what you are talking about. I have heard from many lymphers that have that wierd feeling of fluid going down their leg.

Just something from the nerves being pressed by the swelling.

It's funny, as many times as I've had it, I still go "yikes" and check to make sure I didn't pop a leak.

:wink:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby JacquieC » Sat May 12, 2007 5:07 am

OMG.......this has happened to me quite a few times. I'd swear I would feel fluid runnning down my leg only to look and nothing be there.
Sure helps to know I am not the only one :D
JacquieC

Postby coyote » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:21 pm

Another idea of what the "fluid down the leg" feeling might be: My LE therapist said that is the lymph flowing. I would often have it shortly after treatment. The thing about that idea is that I understand that lymph flow is a slow trickling, not like a river, so I am not sure that is right!
coyote

Postby LadyDi » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:02 pm

Hey Coyote..thanks for replying. Its not like a river...its...I would say it feels like a trickle...its just really strange feeling. I dont have it very often but sure feels strange when it does. I pray that someone comes up with a cure for this terrible disease. Most people that I know dont even know what it is. I still say.....when the right person is afflicted with this...then something will be done...from TV telethons on up. Might be mean to say that but its the truth as I see it. Thanks again.
LadyDi

Postby joanne johnson » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:42 pm

It sure is the truth...If Laura or George Bush came down with lymphedema, you better believe the medical world would be in a frenzy to find a cure! Until then we are stuck with a condition that nobody really cares about because they don't have a clue as to our frustrations and discomfort :evil:
joanne johnson

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories