Leg Lymphedema and sores?

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Leg Lymphedema and sores?

Postby Pain_in_Utah2 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:16 am

I am wondering if anyone else has had any itchy rashes on the legs? This is driving me nuts, I want to scratch my legs off. I have tried lotion and that does not seem to help it just burns on top of the itch. I cant tell if the bleeding is from the rash or because I have scratched it. Anyone have any ideas on this?
I would go see my doctor but he moved and I have yet to find a new one. I worry about what will happen if this continues much longer. My legs are very swollen at the moment and very painful to touch so scratching is not going well.
Melissa :roll:
Pain_in_Utah2

Postby silkie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:58 pm

Hi melissa

I have itching and redness feel a little tiny rash beneath the skin

It is usaully where skin touches skin tho

Where on your legs is this rash?

is there any leakage or broken skin?

i would try anticeptic cream while you are waiting to see a new doctr

get beck to us melissa let us know

Hugsssssss
Silks xxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Leg Lymphedema and sores/rash?

Postby Pain_in_Utah2 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:29 pm

Hi Silks,
This rash is down by my ankles and up the backs of my legs, it seems to be worse today than yesterday. I have not noticed any seepage of fluids or bleeding other than me scratching it to death. I have tried a few things on it and it just not seem to help. Saw the post about the honey and was thinking I may try that just to see if it would help with this. I have what appear to be blisters going up the back side of my left leg today, all below the knee and oh it itches so bad I just want to cut them off.
I just hope I can find a doctor soon, have been to all of them in town and they all told me to deal with it and that LE does not hurt, yeah ok they can have my legs for a couple days and see if they dont sing another tune.
Melissa
Pain_in_Utah2

Postby silkie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:49 pm

Hi Melissa

Sounds like you have an infection hun

Blisters what ever you do try not to pop them and open wound however tiny is a fast way in for any bacteria.

I would be covering blisters with a dab of antiseptic cream and covering them with a soft waterproof backed dressing.

And i would be seeing my GP for anitbiotics or antibiotic cream for the itching.

check out blisters on the information

huggggggggggggg
Silksxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Postby Pain_in_Utah2 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:56 am

Thanks for the info Silks, I will look into it more and see if I cant get in to see the doctor asap. Back to the fighting with drs about what i have :roll:
Melissa
Pain_in_Utah2

Postby silkie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:36 am

Good Luck Melissa

I think many of us have had to fight

Your worth it tho

Hugssssss

Silksxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

itching

Postby suzeeq » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:49 am

Hi Melissa, If you can't get any help from your GP, then maybe you should try a dermatologist. And there are over the counter anti itching pills that you might try. but I would be hesitant on putting ointment on your blisters until getting a doctor ok. Susan
suzeeq

Re: Leg Lymphedema and sores?

Postby nancycels » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:20 am

I have an problem w/itchy breakout, doctor gave me Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP 1 %. It did the trick. I tried antibiotic ointment cream over the counter that didn't work, this is a script but worth it! You use this 2-3 times a day. Best of luck.
nancycels

Return to Leg Lymphedema