I got the Insurance to cover....

laser workshops, physiatrists, Diaphragmatic Breathing, daflon 500, coumarin powder, nordic walking, lymphocyte injection, essential oils, massagers, ball massage, heat, Lymphomyosot, Self Massage Therapy, Elastin Ampules, Lymphobiology, leg drainage, naturopathy, ace bandages, Craniosacral Therapy, lymph node transplants, Lymphatic-venous anastomosis, vein grafting, lymph vessel transplantation, surgery scrotal lymphedema, shoes

Moderators: jenjay, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

I got the Insurance to cover....

Postby JacquieC » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:21 am

my bilateral mid thigh Reid Sleeves...YAY !!!!!!!!
I got the letter today from United Healthcare telling me that after reviewing my case they were pleased to inform me that the Reid Sleeves would be covered.

Here is what I did:

This is the first year we have had United Healthcare thru my hubbys work, so I called the Human Resources person in his company who in return gave me the number to their insurance broker. This lady was great, it was she who pointed out that the Durable Medical Equipment clause said it wouldnt cover any ELASTIC garments but the Reid Sleeves are NOT made of elastic. So we got my letters of Medical Neccessities from my LE doc and LE therapist and we also had Peninsula Medical fax over some informational stuff on the sleeves and a pic of it and submitted it. I expected at least one or 2 denials so I was shocked when I got this letter today.

There is hope !!!!!!!!!!!
JacquieC

Postby joanne johnson » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:04 pm

Hi Jacquie,

Congratulations!!! You put great effort to get the help that you needed and was successful. Lymphedema is a condition where you learn to fight for your rights and for yourself or otherwise you get left in the dust.

I wish you great success with your new sleeve. :D
joanne johnson

Postby patoco » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:14 pm

DITTO :lol: SUPER CONGRATS

Battle well fought and well won :!: :!: :!: :!:

OMG....we went thru a massive amount of back and forth "hassle" with BC last year.....they finally gave in too.

Go Lymphers :D :)

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Treatment for Lymphedema