Pain medication affecting lymphedema

Lymph Node Infarction, Diabetes, Prader Willi Syndrome, Buerger's Disease, Clark's Syndrome, Axillary Web Syndrome, Post Thrombotic Syndrome, Sed Rate, Chronic Myofascial Pain, Kawasaki Disease, Duncan's Syndrome, pulmonary edema, thoracentesis, pleurodesis, lung fluid, Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), Restless Leg Syndrome, Inflammation, Lipomas, Crohn's Disease, Panniculitis, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Phelan-McDermid Syndrome - 22q13 deletion, lymphoproliferative disorders, blood tests. amniotic band syndrome, nerve damage, hives, leg edema, omphalocele, Podoconiosis

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Pain medication affecting lymphedema

Postby Susana » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:05 am

This is my first ever post so if I goof, please forgive. I have secondary lymphedema after lumpectomy and axilary dissection. I THINK I've discovered that the ibuprofen that I have been taking for fibromyalgia has aggravated the lymphedema. I will be taking a long airplane trip soon and am concerned about pain medications for the inactivity and their effect on the lymphedema. Does anyone have suggestions for me, please? Thanks!
Susana

Postby silkie » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:37 pm

Hiya Susana
Big hug and welcome

I am in the UK i have co codamol 500 on script from my doctor

they do help me a lot.

There is great great information here on travelling and flying with lymph

i dont fly but I tell friends wrap and shuffle

book an area (outside seat) with leg room wrap the limbs
and keep them moving suffling, felexing walk up and down the aisle
we have many lymphers that have flown my therapist reccommended short haul or no longer than 6 hours flying but i know friends from USA that have flown to the UK and europe

go to information then articles click on the yellow file this will open up a list click the blue circle on traveling and lymphedema this should answer
a lot of your questions

any questions please get back to us

Hugsssssssssss

Silksxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Return to Related Medical Conditions