Need some help or ideas....

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Need some help or ideas....

Postby LadyDi » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:05 pm

Does anyone else suffer from heel spurs??? They are such a painful thing.... :( I have crocs....which I had heard are good for your feet but...anymore..they are no help. My left foot swells much worse than the right.....and I do buy wide shoes ...I am at my wits end...and can hardly get around. Lymphedema in both LE, Lft greater than rt. Sorry to whine...
I use crutches most of the time now, even in the house. I guess as soon as the "right people" get afflicted with this terrible thing, then someone will be done for a cure and "toot sweet" it will be done....till then I guess we trudge along....thank God for this site and all of you people. At least we can encourage and help each other. Blessings on everyone! :)
LadyDi

Postby joanne johnson » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:45 pm

In the past I had some really painful heel spurs which were helped by having orthotics made up for my shoes by a podiatrist. The doctor told me that they never disappear but they only hurt when there is inflammation. Are you taking any anti-inflammatory drugs?

I remember how much they hurt when I first got up out of bed in the morning! I guess I am lucky as I have not been bothered for years and I don't wear the orthotics anymore. I remember the orthotics were quite expensive, but worth the cost. Good luck to you!
joanne johnson

heel spurs

Postby eve alvirIII » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:16 pm

Hi Lady Di,

I had heel spurs and I know exactly how it is. In fact I got my handicapped parking permit because of it (way long before I got this other debilitating problem - lymphedema of right leg). Last month my left foot had the heel spur occurence. The podiatirst gave me a cortisone shot and it was gone! Then she instructed me to do some exercises. The cortisone shot is the answer!

Crazylimb
eve alvirIII

Postby joanne johnson » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:26 am

Cortisone shots do work very well for heel spurs. The first time I had a spur before I had lymphedema, the podiatrist gave me the injection and it worked like magic! When I got it back again in the other foot, he wouldn't give me the shot for fear of infection as I already had the lymphedema. Instead he made the orthotics which worked very well.
joanne johnson

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories