effect of le on kidneys

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

effect of le on kidneys

Postby butterfly » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:37 pm

hello slighlty embrassing question here but can le affect your urine in anyway?
Thanks-thinking I may have a slight infection but not sure-thinking it might just be the le.
Thanks.
butterfly

Lymphedema and the Kidneys

Postby patoco » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:51 pm

Hi Ya Butterfly :)

As far as I know, the only situation where lymphedema would have any effect or tie-in with kidney function is if you had cystic renal lymphangiectasia with accompanying lymphedema.

example

End-stage renal disease in a patient with congenital lymphangiectasia and lymphedema.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

In what we understand as "regular" hereditary lymphedema such as Milroy's Syndrome (Disease), lymphedema Praec0x-Meige or lymphedema Tarda, there should be no tie in.

Some lymph patients have reported a stronger odor to their urine while undergoing treatment. I would assume this would be due to the release of the waste proteins and other waste products being carried out through the lymph system.

The other situations where urine would had a stronger odor or darker yellow coloration would be if you are dehydrated (easy to due with lymphedema) and/or if you did have a kidney infection.

If you think there is any possibility of a kidney infection, don't hesitate to call your doc!

Pat O
patoco
Site Admin

Postby silkie » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:15 pm

Hi Butterfly

I don't know if this is just coincidence but when we talked about the loo runs during the night

We also talked of our urine during heavy sessions of MLD (everyday)
when we are seeing a reduction often our water seems to be heavy different colour. It might not have been anything but
it was a coincedence a few of us noticed

Hugsssssssssssss

Silksxxxxxxx
silkie

Hello

Postby lleggs1371 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:41 am

My kidneys have never really been affected. My doctor began to watch them closely when he had me on a certain medication. The medicine had me coughing as if I was a smoker. He finally took me off of those meds. So many people are against medication because it is not an easy fix. It is truly a relief for me.
lleggs1371

Postby Nancy Bush » Sat May 19, 2007 3:53 am

When I was in the hospital recently, they put a catheter in me, and I was surprised to see the urine in the bag was such a dark color....almost orange, and I was drinking lots of water.

The Doctor never said anything was wrong, and since I've been home I've noticed it's not as dark.

My main problem is how ofter I have to "go." I can't seem to last longer than 2 hours before I have to make a trip to the bathroom. I contributed this to getting older, and not having the same control as in my youth.

I mentioned this to my LE therapist Holly, and she said LE and the bandaging of my legs would also contribute to how often I have to urinate now.

Nancy
Nancy Bush

Postby silkie » Sun May 20, 2007 12:29 pm

Hi Nancy.

I can only go off the coinsidence of other ladies i have spoken to having similar problem with Going to the loo often

Age has been suggested weakness in muscles after childlen
I have spoken to ladies with no children having same problem

I personally think LE effects our bladders but i have no evidence of this just a change in daily routine for so many

Would love to see studies done on this

nightime is the worse time for you never seem to get into a deep sleep because your up and running to the loo all night

Also found a change in not being able to wait for the loo anymore
when you got to go you have to go now

Maybe it is age a coincidence but if it is there are a few other ladies with similar problems that i have talked to in chat different ages as i said some with children some not we all have lymph and its a problem that has materialised since the lymph

Hugssssssssss

Silksxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories