painful boil/carbuncle

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

painful boil/carbuncle

Postby butterfly » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:13 am

Hellonot feeling too good-have some sort of boil or carbuncle in my groin. Pretty painful-area around has fluid in in it. When I am standing with legs together I have a fold of fluid in my groin. There is a white head on the swelling. It was there a about a weeka go ver y small -now about the size of a pea. This again is on my le side-le leg. Not feeling at all with it-hurts when I walk. I don't know if it is le fluid as well. Don't know what to do. Muy face is still swollen as is my arm-got a mouth ulcer as well-just feeling really run down-off work today. Any ideas-Pat?
thanks.
butterfly

Postby patoco » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:00 pm

Hi again Butterfly :wink:

Sorry to hear your not doing so good :cry:

Have you been able to see a doctor about this boil? I tend to be against popping it as the open wound would be an even bigger door for possible more severe infection.

It really sounds as if you need antibiotics. Especially if you're feeling so run down. That could be your body telling you something is amiss.

Here are some tips for that mouth ulcer:

Treatment of mouth ulcers may include soothing mouthwashes (such as salt and warm water or compound thymol glycerin mouthwash) or antiseptic mouthwashes such as chlorhexidine mouthwash or povidone iodine mouthwash. Pain can be relieved by using local anaesthetics such as benzydamine hydrochloride, choline salicylate gel or lignocaine. Local anaesthetics like this cause temporary numbness at the site where they are applied. These local anaesthetics may be used in the form of a mouthwash, a spray, a jelly or an ointment. (Local anaesthetics need to be used with care: if the back of the tongue or the throat is made numb this can result in choking when swallowing food or drink. Local anaesthetics are also not suitable for young children with mouth ulcers).

Also, sounds as if your body is becoming overloaded with toxins. Try flushing your system with a lot of simple water.

and......get some rest too :!: :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby butterfly » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:42 am

thanks pat-been to doc-off work for rest of week. Got good mouthwash as you described which numbs my mouth.
butterfly

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories