NERVE DAMAGE

Lymph Node Infarction, Diabetes, Prader Willi Syndrome, Buerger's Disease, Clark's Syndrome, Axillary Web Syndrome, Post Thrombotic Syndrome, Sed Rate, Chronic Myofascial Pain, Kawasaki Disease, Duncan's Syndrome, pulmonary edema, thoracentesis, pleurodesis, lung fluid, Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), Restless Leg Syndrome, Inflammation, Lipomas, Crohn's Disease, Panniculitis, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Phelan-McDermid Syndrome - 22q13 deletion, lymphoproliferative disorders, blood tests. amniotic band syndrome, nerve damage, hives, leg edema, omphalocele, Podoconiosis

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

NERVE DAMAGE

Postby lisa_t » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:08 pm

I went to a pain clinic and the doctor said that I have nerve damage. It is due to all the Cellulitis bouts I had. In fact if you look at my leg it looks like I have Cellulutis because my leg is a purple color.
My pain doctor put me on Lyrica it is medicine that helps out people with shingles or for people that have nerve problems.
Lisa NJ
lisa_t

Postby coyote » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:27 pm

Lisa,

yep, that would probably neuropathy from nerve compression from the swelling and damage from cellulitis...fortunately the nerves can repair themselves. Many of us lymphers have this problem. Had that happen with my chronic leg wound about a year ago...OMG, that was painful. It was good that it was happening, but when those nerves came back alive: WOW. Not alot of sleeping going on then and normal pain meds didn't cut it. Getting the limb swelling and celullitis managed will go a long way toward resolving that problem.

Here's a link that will tell you more.
http://www.neurologychannel.com/neuropathy/

Julie E.
coyote

Postby gottahavesun » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:35 pm

Hey Lisa--another Lisa here--you are lucky to be able to get Lyrica--my insurance won't cover it until case studies can be presented, even after my doc had a peer to peer review. I have been on the generic of Neurotin for almost a year now and I saw my doc today and we are going to increase it so see if it will help with my nerve pain. I have the pain mostly in arms, hands, and fingers-there just is not enough room in there for swelling without affecting the joints and nerves.
I hate to go up on the pain med but I've held back for awhile now and my memory and cognitive problems are getting worse and they think it might be my pain distracting me so i'll try this for a month and see if it makes a difference with pain and helps/not hurts the memory and cognitive problems.
Hope the Lyricia works for you!
gottahavesun

Return to Related Medical Conditions