hair loss

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, jenjay, tkincheloe, Senior Moderators

hair loss

Postby butterfly » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:25 pm

Is it possible to have hair loss due to lymphedema? I 'm having a bit now at the front-finding some on my pillow and some when I comb it. I have had problems in the past before le was diagnosed. I am now taking a skin , hair and nail supplment. Any ideas? thanks.
butterfly

Postby silkie » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:44 am

Hiya Butterfly

Never actually thought about it before I have no hair on my lymph legs
and i used to hate the dark hair grownth there lol

But hair loss from the scalp? I do know when your under the weather not to good the condition of your hair can be effected and certain medication can affect the hair

Also we like animanls can moult at certain times of the year

Sorry cant be more help

Hugsssssssss
Silksxxx
silkie

Postby memphis » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:48 am

I think my hair loss id more a hereditary thing :lol:
memphis

Postby patoco » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:41 am

Dunno...pretty hairy topic here :lol: :D

I know that most of us have hair loss on our limbs that have lymph, but don't think it applies to hair loss on the head.

My brother and I both have this outrageous mop of full hair. Even at my age, still have to have it thinned when it is cut.

It's great :wink: most of our cousins our age and a little older who have the thinning hair and - ahem - cap - just get totally disgusted when they see us.

8)

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby PamelaS » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:21 pm

Interesting subject indeed. It does seem to answer why I no longer have hair under my arms and on the lymph arm there is less hair on the surface. Never really thought there was a connection before this, but who knew?

Pamela
PamelaS

Postby coyote » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:27 am

I wonder if you might have a fungal issue on your scalp? I lost hair when I first began to have fungal problems on my scalp. I have chronic fungal infections all over my body particularly in the warm areas of my body...and the fungal infections are directly linked to the LE for me. They have gotten worse as the LE has gotten worse.

I treat the fungal scalp issue prophylactically by using Paul mitchell's special tea tree shampoo, which is a clarifying shampoo, at least once or twice a week. I have found that the other tea tree shampoos I tried weren't as effective, for whatever reason. You might have to do that more often initially, if that were the problem. But, as a clarifier, you do not want to use it too frequently.

I had hairless legs for many years until I began having MLD therapy. My LE therapist was soooooo excited to see hair begin to sprout up on my lower legs! It is a very good sign to have renewed hair growth. She was adamant that I not shave my legs, too. But, then, the only people who ever get to see my legs are me and her anyway, since the wraps are on 24/7.
coyote

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories