Chronic Fatigue

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Chronic Fatigue

Postby A1C Sarah » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:55 am

I have always been one that has needed a lot of sleep. But since being diagnosed with Lymphedema, I seem to feel that I need all the sleep I can get. Is it common or normal to feel this fatigued? Also I find myself catching almost every cold or flu bug that comes through the area.

I've read that sometimes patients with Lymphedema have overworked immune systems and that is often why they feel fatigued or catch bugs. Please reply and let me know if this is true or if I am crazy.

Thanks,

Sarah
A1C Sarah

Postby silkie » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:56 am

Hiya Sarah

Fatigue Well falling asleep at the drop of a hat
even peeling veggies, its weird but you are right a big part of lymph

Being able to pace yourself helps do a little take a break etc etc etc
and if you feel tired try a cat nap we call it in the uk a small sleep even 10 mins helps

If i do too much i fall asleep It has nothing to do with u just how the
lymph effects you

I think it has a lot to do with the toxins in our lymphatic fluid that is in our bodies having an affect (but thats only my guessing)

But i have noticed that when my legs are in good condition and my swelling is down the less often i need to sleep

infections we do pick up much more easily and they take longer to clear

I feel doing the MLD skin care wrapping and waring supports does help with the fatigue the less swelling the less fluid the less toxins in out body

Hugggggggggggggggggggggg

Silksxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Postby patoco » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:32 am

Hi again Sarah :wink:

Think you're on the right path there. I feel it is a combination of an suppressed immunity doing double time to compensate and deal with the constant barrage of infections and inflammations.

This is an area that is just starting to be researched too. What thing I found early on is a stunning number of people with lymphedema also seem to have autoimmune disorders.

There is an interesting correlation between inflammation, body stress and those conditions.

The things we can do to help are the steps Silkie mentioned. I also take vitamins, antioxidant vitamins. Drinking enough water (good fluids) helps..as does exercise, weight control (goes along with good diet)...

We do have a page on inflammation:

Inflammation and Immune Response

http://www.lymphedemapeople.com/phpBB2/ ... .php?t=107

and a discussion/page on the body's sed rate which is another indication of inflammation:

Sed Rate

http://www.lymphedemapeople.com/phpBB2/ ... .php?t=224

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

fatigue, chills and LE - Another day ... another step!

Postby silvertin » Tue May 08, 2007 7:04 pm

i find this to be a very common occurrence in my life, whatevers goin around i get it , its like am a sponge or magnet for catching germs and all that! i have often wondered why, but the info that am findin here does make sense to all this!

So once again thanks everyone, we cant beat it for good but we will beat the pain, fatigue whatever le throws our way while we can, and thats an awful lot of days to come!

Another day ... another step!

Sylvie
silvertin

Postby LadyDi » Wed May 09, 2007 2:35 am

Well...today was one of those "sleep all day" times for me. Seems I am either feeling as good as I can with LE or I am sleeping all the time. Very frustrating for me and my spouse. But I try to just go with it. There are so many helpful people here, Silky and Pat, you cant beat em!! I am so thankful for this site. I find a lot of helpful information, and most of the time, find answers for my questions. We are all in the same boat. I sure hope someone is doing research for this affliction!! Glad to see you post.
:D
LadyDi

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories