HOSPICE CARE and lymphedema

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

HOSPICE CARE and lymphedema

Postby patoco » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:10 pm

SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN HOSPICE CARE

------------------------------------------------------

I want to ask if anyone has any experience with hospice? This one I am on has gotten to be a nightmare so I am going to be switching, probably in the next couple weeks. If a medical condition doesn't kill you this particular hospice will....amazing. Now I understand why my doctor was so vocal about them. He recommended another one that he knows personally so I'm thinking this is the route to go.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

patoco
Site Admin

Re: HOSPICE CARE and lymphedema

Postby blubrdfrend » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:34 pm

I have had no experience at all, but keep us informed. We care.
blubrdfrend

Re: HOSPICE CARE and lymphedema

Postby patoco » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:52 am

Hey there :)

I do hope a lot of us respond as this just may be an avenue for help we don't take advantage of or utilize like we perhaps should.

The real clincher though is absolutely thorough research into the company (ies) we are thinking about. See if we can get any type of references. For example, obviously for patient privacy, we can not get patient referrals from access to any docs database.

But we can get references through our Yahoo groups, through our website/forums (like LYMPHEDEMA PEOPLE)

We can also get references from the doctors themselves. For example, my oncologist also acts as my primary care physician so I bring up everything to him. Last week he had incredibly strong reactions to one particular company that he had a great deal of respect for, while another he had NO use for - wow - you live and learn...more about that later, but for now I am soooooooo interested in hearing others opinions.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories