Fibrosis Issues

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Re: Fibrosis Issues

Postby patoco » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:08 am

Hey "sad"

Really sorry to hear about your husband - I can imagine the nightmare.

My cancer wasn't nearly as bad as the complication it and chemo caused.

Was your husband seen by a certified lymphedema therapist? Usually if the swelling is taken down by massage, the pain isn't so great. Also, if there are specific areas that have extreme fibrosis, the therapist should give special attention to those areas, treating them a bit more.

There seems to be so much pain associated with leg lymphedema too as the sciatic nerve runs from the hip straight down the back of the leg and gets literally "compacted" (pressed) by the fibrotic tissue.

The change in color to a purplish is most likely due to a change in the blood flow. The hard fibrotic tissue can affect that as well. Just curious, have they ruled out any possibility of a blood clot too? They need to keep check on that as it is a possibility too with extreme fibrosis.

Get to a therapist, have them specially treat the fibrotic areas and see if you can have some custom (made specifically for him) compression stockings made.

I'll see if I can get a therapist to put a note in here as well.

My very best to you both :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories