Do I have lymphedema?

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Do I have lymphedema?

Postby Breadmaker1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:46 am

Hello, I've been to a physical therapist that said I indeed have lymphedema (left foot/leg swelling) My internist said he wouldn't call it lymphedema because I have not had cancer and would just call it edema. My question is this. I have recently started getting pain in side of neck, my armpits/sides of breasts and one arm. They seem swollen and painful. Mamo is fine, even had an ultrasound in and around my clavicle area for swelling and nothing. Who do I believe? Does this sound like lymphedema? I am in menopause (8 yrs now) and have been having a lot of hormonal changes too. Also my wbc is always a little higher than normal and they can't seem to find out why. Any help/ides/comments would be greatly appreciated. I would love to find out what is going on with me.
Breadmaker1

Re: Do I have lymphedema?

Postby patoco » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:02 am

Hey Breadmaker :)

Hmmmm....not sure what they would call it, if it isn't LE. Not only cancer can cause lymphedema, there are literally dozens pon dozens of thing that could. Plus, sometimes it is actually in a family but has remained hidden or dormant. See if you can get a referral to be examined by a certified lymphedema therapist. It would be good to have a thorough exam.

Best to you - let us know how you do.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories