I am just so tired of feeling tired....

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

I am just so tired of feeling tired....

Postby robbarnew » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Diagnosed with cancer 5+ years ago (cancer free is the only good thing I have going for me right now). After the 12 weeks of radiation I have extensive scar tissue in my groin area which caused lymphedema in my right leg. My leg is literally 6 inches larger than my left. Working full time mostly driving my leg is in constant pain and so heavy by the time I get home I can barely move. I've gained 50 lbs in a year, can't stand to look at myself in the mirror and don't want my husband to even look at me let alone touch me anymore.

Compression garments and physcal therapy hasn't worked and I have basically been told it is something I am going to have to learn to live with.

How do you learn to live with no being you anymore? How do you learn to live with not being an active part of your family? How do you learn to live again?
robbarnew

Re: I am just so tired of feeling tired....

Postby Monica » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:57 pm

Dear Robbarnew,

Welcome to this family, Im very new in this forum, but I would like to encourage you.

One day a long time ago I was climb up on mountain, and I looked from its bottom and I said to myself: "I ll never get it" because I could only see rocks and nails, I couldnt see any way or path to climb it up. But when I look down for what I could do, I discovered that I could see the next step. And step by step I could climb up that mountain. And it was so beautiful.

Dont be too much time watch want you cant do, instead of it, look for what you can do now. You have a husband, and he loves you and he needs your attention, not like you could do, but the way you can do now, because his is there with you, fighting with you too.

Please, take courage, do all treatments that you can and look to you with proud. You are a brave figther, just take a little breath and go.

I have lymphedema since I was young, my feet sometimes look like two balls, my hand became sometimes so swell that I cant hardly close them but it didnt stopped me to leave, to have a life or to have boyfriend, sometimes I dont like to show them too much but if the people see them, I dont care about. Because what do the things good,bad and beautiful in me or in us, it is not our legs or our hands but our my heart, our mind.

I know that you will find the next step, you just need to take a little breath and look around better... :P

God be with you

Mônica
Monica

Postby joanne johnson » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:39 pm

Monica wrote beautiful thoughts to you to try to encourage you to feel better about yourself. Everything she expressed is so true. You are still the wonderful person that you always were despite the cancer and lymphedema. You do need to be patient as we all do. These changes don't happen overnight and they will improve slowly. Maybe you need to consider going back to therapy again. Your husband and your family want to be supportive, give them the opportunity. Don't isolate yourself. Become a participant and you will feel better about yourself. You are far from alone. We all have to live one day at at a time and fine some joy, even just a little bit each day. That is what makes life so precious.

Please keep us posted. We all here support you and care about you.

Joanne
joanne johnson

Postby robbarnew » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:17 pm

I need help. My family doctor seems un-interested in my chronic condition doesn't understand what I'm going thorugh. Water pills and anti-depressions aren't curring it and they dont' refer me out to anyone.

How do I get someone to help me feel better. I am going to lose my life even more if I don't get help.

I need a doctor to treat my conition and not my symptoms. I live in Northern Orlando, have insurance but no money for higbh deductibles and co-pays.

Anyone can help me find someone to help me?
robbarnew

Postby patoco » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:22 am

Hi Robbarnew

Super welcome to our family here. I want to apologize fro not responding sooner. Very rough week and I've had to take some time off.

There are some doctors available in your area too. What you may want to do is to call each one and discuss your situation and see if there is anyway they can help.

Here they are:

Margarita Correa MD FAAPMR
Physical Medicine Institute
2020 Oakley Seaver Dr, Suite 1
Clermont, FL 34711
Phone (352) 404-6959
Fax (352) 404-6960
E-mail physmedi@physmedi.com
http://www.physmedi.com

Dr. Correa's lymphedema website:

http://www.lymphedemaphysmedi.com/

Specialty: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine and Pediatric
Rehabilitation Medicine
Lymphologist treating adults and pediatric patients.
She is also a certified in lymphedema management.

Walter A. Conlan III, MD, CWS
Medical Director
Corporate Wound Management
100 W. Gore Street, Suite 606
Orlando, Florida 32806
407-839-1226
Fax: 407-839-1167.

He also can be reached at:
Lucerne 407-839-1226
100 West Gore Street, Suite 600
Orlando, FL 32806, or:
South Seminole Hospital
451 W. Warren Avenue, Suite 200
Longwood, FL 32750
407-767-5843

There are also additional docs below - in the Jacksonville area and in Atlamonte Springs:

Dr. Robert Hoover
661 E. Altamonte Drive (next to Florida Hospital - Altamonte), Suite # 210
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Park in section 4
407-339-7759

Dr. Michael Haight
Children's Lymphedema
Wolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904) 202-8000

http://www.wchjax.com/index.jsp

Rickie P. Sander, M.D.
Medical Director
Pathologist ~ General Practitioner
Jacksonville Lymphedema Clinic
3599 University Blvd S., Suite 503
Jacksonville, FL 32216

Telephone: (904) 398-2829
Fax: (904) 398-2905

E-mail: jaxlymph@bellsouth.net

I would also nail that family doctor and in no uncertain terms demand they give you a referral to one of these doctors.

Hang in there, my friend.... :!: :!: :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories