Lymphedema and Myasthenia Gravis

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Lymphedema and Myasthenia Gravis

Postby suev » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:45 pm

I was treated for lymphedema in my legs in 2006. All went well and I have been religious about wearing my 30 -40mg compression hose. Long story short, I started having trouble with arms - they were getting heavy and tired. Thought it might be the lymphedema, but the clinic didn't think so. Time passed, weakness got worse. Lots of docs and tests. Then in June (09), I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis. My neuro gave me Mestinon...and said that she also thought this would help - if not eliminate - the lymphedema.

So now it is October, and I still wear the compression hose. But my legs and arms are as good as before lymphedema! Has an ever heard of something like this before? Do I dare back off on the compression hose? (I sure don't want to have to go thru therapy again!)

Any thoughts on this appreciated!
Thanks,
Sue
suev

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories