Cellulitus on face

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Cellulitus on face

Postby lymphlady » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Pat or anybody else,

I have had lymphedema in my right leg since 1989. Suddenly in October, I developed redness and swelling around my left eye. I went to the dr. and was diagnosed with shingles and given valtrex. I red that it takes shingles up to a month to heal so after a few weeks, and not getting better I started to get worried. I had swelling and redness in my leg again so I went to my family doctor. While there he re-evaluated my eye and told me that I didn't have shingles as the urgent care doctor said but cellulitus. He also thought I may have another clot in my leg and sent me for an ultrasound. The ultrasound came back negative but the swelling is not getting better with wrapping and with compression stocks. He is sending me for a venagram but the eye is not improving either if with antibiotics. He also gave me a prescription for coal tar shampoo.

Has anybody ever had cellulitus on their face and what was the course of treatment? It tends to swell overnight and then when I have been up for a little bit it's not so bad. But it itches terribly. I have tried bacitracin around the eye(that's what my optometrist suggested). I have tried eye drops. The eye itself is not itchy it's just the skin around it. Any ideas?
lymphlady

Re: Cellulitus on face

Postby joanne johnson » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:06 am

Hello,

I have had many bouts of cellulitis but only in my legs. Please be very careful with anything around your eyes. Perhaps you may need a second opinion to get that cleard up as soon as possible. Why did he give you perscription for coal tar shampoo? Could you have psoriasis wGood luck!hich is red, itchy and scaley? Keep us posted. I hope that this clears up quickly for you. :)
joanne johnson

Re: Cellulitus on face

Postby lucylocket » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:18 pm

I have had lots of bouts of Cellulitus in my legs but last year I had it on my face it also started with a red patch under my left eye. I went to my Dr and was given antibiotic but it only got worse. I looked like I had done 10 rounds with Frank Bruno both my eye were closed and my face was red and swollen. I ended up in hospital had to have antibiotics by drip after two weeks I was fine.
lucylocket

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories