Saw a Lymphedema doctor!

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Saw a Lymphedema doctor!

Postby armywife » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:46 am

Greetings all,

I finally saw Dr. Rebecca Smith at the Univ of Pa yesterday! Just wanted to share my visit with you all. She was absolutley wonderful, and had great suggestions for me and spent an hour and a half talking with me and my husband. She is now my advocate/liason between my PCM and PT here in Va. I cannot say enough accolades about her! I go back and see her in 4 to 6 months depending upon when I finish my MLD therapy. Still on a wait list here and looks as if its going to be Jan time frame!

AM afraid I have been son complacent about wearing stocking and wrapping...so am starting all over again....get into MLD therapy every day...wrap every night and wear juzo EVERYDAY....oh its going to be a challenge for me...but beleive me Dan will MAKE me do it!!

Thank you Pat for this list and wealth of info....esp the list of lymphedema doctors!!! There needs to be more docs that specializes in this area!!

Will keep you all posted on my progress...hopefully less leaking and not any more blood mixed with it...she was not sure why I had done that either!

army wife
armywife

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories