Shoes or coverings for feet

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Shoes or coverings for feet

Postby lymphlady » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:18 pm

I have been wrapping my leg since my most recent episode of cellulitus. With the wraps, my foot and ankle swell pretty bad and the wraps help but I can't get a shoe over the wraps or a tennis shoe. I have been wearing a footy, but it isn't the safest and for the next few days at work, I will be doing inventory audit in our warehouse. Any suggestions on what I can use as a shoe?
lymphlady

Re: Shoes or coverings for feet

Postby armywife » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:18 am

Good day Lymphlady,

Ask for an orthopedic shoe...which I used many years ago as I also could not get shoes on...it just has 2 velcro adjustable straps to go across the top of the foot.So plenty of room if you are wrapped to the hilt with bandages!! Hope this helps.
Armywife
armywife

Postby lacemaker » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:22 am

I wear crocs.they are wide enough for my bad foot. I have several pairs now including some golf ones! Great and highly recommended
lacemaker

Postby cjhurt92 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:12 am

What I did was Buy the biggest shoe and I wend to a shoe repair Place and He altered the shoe For Only $15 You Should try that.
cjhurt92

Postby debbiek » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:00 pm

i also wear crocs, the right one wouldn't fit over my wraps so i made a small slit from the top down to the first hole, it added the room for my foot to fit and it still stays on.
debbiek

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories