GOT RESULTS OF MRI SCAN!

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

GOT RESULTS OF MRI SCAN!

Postby angel » Thu May 24, 2007 2:32 pm

I finally got the results of my Mri. Apparently lymphatic system was clear but I have excess tissue in my hip,which appartenly is unusual in somebody so slim as myself.
I don't quite know what this means so me and my mum are going to make an appointment to see the doctor next week to discuss it further.
I am desperate for something to relieve this terrible swelling all over.
My mum still reckons I have lupus because I have all the same symptoms as her even though the test can back negative. SO FRUSTRATED!
anyway that's my update-thanks again Pat for all your help.
angel

Postby patoco » Thu May 24, 2007 8:16 pm

Hi Ya Angel :)

Wondering if there is a lymphatic blockaage in the hip?

Did the doc say anything about the possibilities of a false negative for lupus?

The only swelling at the hip I am familiar with in lupus is rare and would come from inflammation of the joint area.

Let me think on this....and let me know what the doc says next week.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby angel » Fri May 25, 2007 6:30 am

thanks Pat!
Going to the doc on wed. My hips/lower back stiffen up quite alot, and my right arm is swollen and numb, and my back is still swollen and very uncomfortable as well as mu usual swelling. I just feel I cannot live with this swelling! My next apppointment is with the gentics people . I just want someone to tell me they can do something. It just all feels neverending with no relief.
thanks again pat.
angel

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories