HELP !! I'm LEAKING again

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

HELP !! I'm LEAKING again

Postby JacquieC » Thu May 24, 2007 12:33 pm

Just recently being diagnosed with LE in both legs I am waiting to start treatment ( I have been evaluated though), I have 2 more medical tests to clear before treatment begins, I did one today and the other test is Tuesday.

Anyhoooo, I could tell over this last week the swelling in both legs is bad,
then this morning I noticed the 4 holes (lymphatic cysts) have that CLEAR fluid leaking out of them again ( this happened 4 months ago too)
my primary doc is clueless when it comes to LE so the last time it happened ( we didn't know I had LE then) he just said to keep an eye on it.
Should I start an antibiotic or just watch it?

Secondly, while I was registering at the hospital for my test today, the lady at registration and I were talking about LE and she asked if I thought about going to an Endocrinologist since its the Lymphatic system.....
Is this something I should look into or does an Endo doc really have no role in LE

Thanks in advance

Peace
Jacquie
JacquieC

Postby joanne johnson » Thu May 24, 2007 7:04 pm

Dear Jacquie,
Many years ago when I started with the severe swelling in my legs neither my primary or endo doctor had a clue about it. I was referred to a vascular surgeon who recognised lymphedema almost immediately. After the diagnosis I was on my own as they didn't know what to do next. Good luck to you!
joanne johnson

Postby marigold » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:38 pm

No one has responded here yet, but I am sure someone will. I know that there are some recommendations elsewhere on the forums about leakage. Mine started off mildly, but got very bad over the years; I don't put anything on because it is genital and I have to wear pads anyhow all the time.

Marigold
marigold

Postby LadyDi » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:03 am

Well..I dont know about anyone else but I put Neosporin on my blisters, esp when they leak and when they appear and/or leak I call the Doc and go in for them to look at them and they put me on an antibiotic. It seems to dry them up pretty good and now I am having some healing. I wonder what causes them to leak in the first place. Hope you feel better soon.
We all care here....we are all in the same boat! :)
LadyDi

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories