think I may have lupus and not LE!

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

think I may have lupus and not LE!

Postby angel » Thu May 17, 2007 9:29 am

Hello, just back from holiday and have an update.
My mother has been diagnosed with SLE -lupus. I am still waiting for my MRI results and getting more and more frustrated.
I really enjoyed my holiday at eurodisney but was in pain walking alot of the time. The fluid has now moved into both arms and next to both knees-it is just spreading all over. I seem to have all the same symptoms as my mum has -swollen joints, puffiness, tiredness,pains in hands,hair loss,sweats.I also have a red rash on my face,ulcers,hyperpigmentation., allergy to sun.
I have been tested for lupus and am awaiting the results. I just want to know so I can get on the meds if I have it, and get on with it.
My therapist ahs told my mum dshe is at a loss as to what to do with me since my swelling is all over my body, although she has been very helpful, but I tend to tell her where I feel I am in the most discomfort and we work on that due to the time constraint of an hour. I am seeing her on Sat, and was hopin g to have my Mri results by then, but as I said nothing yet.
Still got the geneticist to go to in June.
angel

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories