Jovi, reid, circaid - your experience and advice welcome

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Jovi, reid, circaid - your experience and advice welcome

Postby nancyroa » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:27 pm

I have 2ndary lymphedema in my left leg after surgery / radiation for cervical cancer.

I'm doing all the right stuff ... and now I need to get something I can wear consistently at night. I've had a jovi for my leg, but had to bandage over it because the compression from the outer covering wasn't enough to have an impact.

I'd really like something that doesn't involve bandaging - I'm SO TIRED of those dang things! - and have been looking at the different options - http://www.lymphedema.com/optirm.htm for example.

Can you offer feedback?

thanks so much,

Nancy
nancyroa

Postby gottahavesun » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:25 pm

Hey Nancy,
I have used Reid Sleeves for my 2 legs and the Optiflow RMs for my 2 arms for several years and love them. They are both by the same maker and they use velcro straps to tighten the compression as needed. If you do a search on here for Reid Sleeves you will see everything I've posted raving about them. I use them every night and use them during the days when I want to go without my garments and just wear them. They are cooler than wraps and are easy to take on and off--all you do is zipper them up or down and velcro them on or off.
I only wrap in rare instances because I hate having to roll them back up, so anything that saves you from that pain is worth it to me!
gottahavesun

Reid, Jovi or Circaid

Postby eve alvirIII » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:41 am

Thanks Gottahavesun for the very important advice on what TO WEAR without the brutal bandaging!!

I wear a Circaid at night and sometimes bandage around it because it's not snug enough (meant to be so, as the maker says). So Nancy, get the Reid sleeve and I'm going to do so too.
eve alvirIII

Return to Leg Lymphedema