leg lymphedema after robotic surgery for cancer of uterus

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Re: leg lymphedema after robotic surgery for cancer of uteru

Postby Joanna Koepp » Tue May 14, 2013 2:42 pm

My lymphedema began about six months after my hysterectomy and radiation therapy for uterine cancer. I am now twelve years post and managing my condition quite well. I had therapy for a few months the first year and second year. Finally, came to realize I need to wear compression panty hose on a daily basis 30/40mmgg. I sleep wearing a Tribute garment -- like wearing a pair of shorts with one leg going down to the knee. I still do MLD nightly, but it takes less time than initially. I do water aerobics three times a week, ride a horse three or four times a week, all without discomfort. I hope this information helps you.

I do have a current concern regarding potential knee replacement surgery in my future. But I have plenty of time to research that issue before making a final decision.

It sounds like you have excellent care and resources available to you. I hope your condition settles down like mine did and you have no complications.
Joanna Koepp

Return to Leg Lymphedema