Full leg wrapping

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Full leg wrapping

Postby Wendy » Fri May 03, 2013 8:27 am

I'm just experiencing my first toe to thigh wrap and I am truly struggling with it. The wraps are digging into my groin area and it makes it impossible to lay down comfortably. I really want this to succeed but I don't know how I can continue with such pain every day
Wendy

Re: Full leg wrapping

Postby patoco » Fri May 03, 2013 11:30 am

Hey Wendy

You need to have your therapist do it slowly for you several times as an example.

If it is hurting so bad, then it may be much to tight.

Also, are you able to make it stay up from between the knee to the hip?

Trust me the leg wrap between the knee and waist is the toughest for any of us, I know it is for me.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby Wendy » Mon May 13, 2013 10:59 pm

Thank you Paco. It has been awhile since I had the first leg fully wrapped and I am dealing with it. Still have some pain issues but they have successfully removed 6 liters of fluid so it is working. I'm a little apprehensive tonight as tomorrow they are going to try wrapping my right leg as well. It will me a reduction in wrapping time of 6 to 8 weeks if both legs are wrapped at the same time. Hopefully the second leg will be less of a trial first time around.

I just want to finally be out of the wraps and into some compression garments and get on with my life. I'm sure anyone with Lymphedema can relate to that.

Thank you for all you do to keep us informed and to help keep people's spirits up. It is truly appreciated.
Wendy

Postby Wendy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:10 am

I now have had both legs fully wrapped, toe to groin. It was not difficult having both legs wrapped as I thought it might be.
And as of today's wrapping, my right leg is almost identical in size to the left one and they will be measuring my legs for stocking on June 14th. They (therapists) Darla and Heather work in the Criss Clinic in Edmonton, Alberta and are among the few if not only who are successfully doing full leg wrapping. They said they are open to questions by other medical staff working with Lyphedema. They can be contacted Criss Clinic, 16930 - 87 Avenue, Edmonton , Alberta Canada
T5R 4HS
Wendy

Return to Leg Lymphedema