Lymphedema and Agent Orange

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Re: Lymphedema and Agent Orange

Postby patoco » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:41 am

It should be easy enough to determine if the lymphedema is actually from lymphatic filariasis. A blood test should show this.

However, I too have known other vets and/or heard from others that they have lymphedema after being exposed to agent orange. A number of the other vets were tested for lymphatic filariasis and did NOT have it. So the commonality points towards agent organe.

That was a wicked deadly poison and I am not at all surprised that it should have or could have caused lymphedema.

There are indeed two so-called types of lymphedema. One is the hereditary form. This has been in my family since the 1800's.

The other type is commonly referred to as secondary lymphedema, meaning the lymphedema (LE) was triggered through another incident, agent, injury etc.

Both however are treated and managed the same. It burns me to the core that the military doesn't stand behind our vets when they come back with an illness or condition that came about as a result of their service to our country.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Leg Lymphedema