Farrow Wraps

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Re: Farrow Wraps

Postby nancycels » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Farrow wraps... hmmm...well they work well when you first get them but the velcro sure wears quickly. I found mine are most effective if I use foam under them, otherwise they cut into my legs (have bilat LE lymphedema up to my thighs). I just can't quite find anything to cure the bump just above my back of my knees. Any suggestions?

I think Farrow wraps are designed more for people w/knee to foot lymphedema than whole leg. JMHO tho.
nancycels

Postby patoco » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:35 am

Hey Nancy

You should write Farrow about what you said. Knowing them, they probably will listen and may well do something.

On the back of the knee try corrugated foam rubber under your wraps. Sometimes, I have found that helps difficult spots.

But, please, do contact Farrow. If their product doesn't work, then we need one that does.

My very best to you!!!

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby nancycels » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Have been back and forth w/them when I first got them, it's just my legs are such a wierd shape from the lymphedema that they just don't stay on, plus since I need them on bilaterally you can imagine how tricky it is wearing three pieces on each leg, one for upper, one for lower and one that wraps around the knee. I feel like a monster walking around :) just so attractive, and next to impossible to get into and out of cars etc. thanks for yr reply though.
nancycels

Postby blubrdfrend » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:11 am

Nancy, I found a way that helps me out of cars. I open the door and turn around sideways and manually lift my leg out the door. Then I am able to hold the door and stand on it and get the other one out. I have never found anything that works for long on the bend of the knee. Let us know how you are doing, we care.
blubrdfrend

Postby blubrdfrend » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 am

Nancy, I used the search box above right to search for Farrow Wraps and found that several people on this site are using them.
Betty
blubrdfrend

Postby Wendy » Tue May 14, 2013 12:04 am

I currently have one leg wrapped toe to groin with Cobain2 . It is done in two sections but overlapping and then covered with a mesh like stocking. It keeps the wrap intact right up to my groin with no drooping or sliding down. While I will not say it is always comfortable, as I have gotten used to it I have no trouble sleeping , getting in or out of a car or climbing stairs. They started by wrapping my toes in an in and out method then went to what they call a boot sock. Its a hand made sock with individual toe formed and goes midway up the foot. Then the Cobain is wrapped over it. I have multiple bone spurs due to the weight of my legs and the inability to wear proper shoes. So if I am able to tolerate this wrapping I feel most people would be able to.

On a different note I have found an alternative temporary foot wear that is working. I purchased a pair of "Crocs" , the slip in type with the holes on the uppers and a single strap which can be worn either over the foot or at the back of the foot.
My husband cut the uppers in half and then we simply lace shoelaces through the holes to make a makeshift pair of lace up shoes. I use the strap at the back of my heel for an extra feeling of security and so far they have worked out quite well.
First time in 7 years I have been able to wear shoes due to the depth of my feet.
Wendy

Return to Leg Lymphedema