Lymphedema Tarda in Left Leg

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Lymphedema Tarda in Left Leg

Postby mjn609 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:39 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I am 45 years old and I was diagnosed with primary lymphedema tarda in my left leg back in April. I am managing the swelling with a compression sock. My question is can I get lymphedema in other parts of my body or will this lymphedema stay in the one area. I quit smoking a year ago and gained about 30 lbs, I thought the weight gain was just from that but can it also be from the lymphedema? Sometimes when I read some things I get so scared of my future with this, any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Michele
mjn609

Re: Lymphedema Tarda in Left Leg

Postby smithre » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Michelle,
I am 52 years old and was diagnosis with lymphedema tarda in my left foot and ankle 15 years ago. The swelling has stayed localized to this area since my diagnosis. I have an open-toe compression garment and wrap my food and second toe daily. I will share with you that I walk two marathons a year and choose to not wear my compression garment when I exercise given that it makes creates problems with the sizing of my tennis shoes. I know that no words I say will create comfort for you given the "fear" of the unexpected that all of us who live with this disease experience. All I have to offer is support and encouragement. Rhonda
smithre

Return to Leg Lymphedema