Dyson Hand Dryer

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Dyson Hand Dryer

Postby zinnia11 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:40 am

I was in an airport this past week and stopped to use the washroom. I noticed a Dyson hand dryer by the sink and after I washed my hands, I tried it out. A thought occurred to me as I watched my hands' skin moving under the strong, even air pressure of the machine. I was wondering if the hand dryer could potentially have therapeutic benefits for people like me with lymphedema.
I hate to admit it, but I am not very good at keeping up with massage and wearing my gauntlet and arm sleeve. My lymphedema is mild, I guess, compared to a lot of people here, but it definitely is a nuisance. If I knew that by sticking my hand and arm in a hand dryer a few times a day, my swelling could go down, I would definitely do it.

Has anyone ever heard of this?
zinnia11

Re: Dyson Hand Dryer

Postby patoco » Sat May 14, 2011 9:20 am

Hey Zinna

I haven't heard of anyone trying this and honestly don't know how it would really help.

You would also run the risk of really drying out the skin, which would cause even further problems.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Leg Lymphedema