Red lump gone anyone else?

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Red lump gone anyone else?

Postby Ravenfiree » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:47 pm

So a few months ago I posted about a red lump on my leg (i have Lymphedema in both legs)
went to the docs she said it was just a small cyst nothing to worry about people with LE get them all the time.

Well today i kept feeling for it and it's completely just vanished,,,

it's got me worried do cysts just vanish like that? or will it show up later? or has it moved?
I'm worried,..maybe just a fat lump?

anyone else had these?
Ravenfiree

Re: Red lump gone anyone else?

Postby patoco » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Hey Raven

Cysts are odd little entities and just when oyu think you have figured it out, they will do something totally unexpected.

Cysts can and do often simply go away. The fact that yours did would indicate it was a very very benign process that you should never have to be concerned about developing into something bad. Whether or not they return is actually difficult to tell. It may also depend on what type of cyst it is and the tissue involved.

I've had a few cysts that were surgical removed in the 0's and have never returned.

One sister, three years older than I has a liver the was literally "invaded" by cysts. They suddenly changed shape and texture. The doctors were actually able to do a genetic screening and found it to be a hereditary type cyst. She is sending me the path report and when I get it, I should be able to report further info on it.

WebMD has a good basic page on cysts with the different types etc,

It is:

Cysts

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/cysts

Hope this helps :)

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Leg Lymphedema