Custom Stockings

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Custom Stockings

Postby pgirl1953 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:34 pm

So I am hoping for some help here Do not know where else to turn. I have lymphedema in both legs. I have been wearing my CUSTOM made stockings everyday for over three years. I am in desperate nee of new custom made stockings as none of the OTC brands fit me properly. My insurance company has advised me I have Durable Medical Equipment coverage But in order to have the stockings covered I MUST use an in network provider. NONE of the providers will take care of me they say it is out of their expertise. How do I get my stockings?? PLEASE HELP!!!
pgirl1953

Re: Custom Stockings

Postby Cassie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:36 pm

Pgirl, I had the same problem. Write down all the DME people you've called and what they said. Also, ask your therapist to help you find a nearby DME fitter who can help, even if they're out-of-network. Call (or have your prescribing doctor call) your insurance company and give them all that information and ask them how to get authorization for out-of-network care when there's no one in network who can help. Tell the insurance company the name of the DME fitter you'd like to see. For me, it was just a matter of telling them, but other lymphers I know have had to get special authorization from their doctors. There IS a process for this, so just keep after them until you get the information you need to by-pass the in-network ruling.

Also advise them that compression garments need replacement every six months. Your on-going good health depends on it!

Let us know what you discover!
Cassie
Cassie
Senior Moderator

Return to Leg Lymphedema