WHAT TO DO

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

WHAT TO DO

Postby longlegs » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi All, Have recently had the squeeze leggins used and wrapping for couple weeks. Then received the stockings. My legs are now normal size and not red. Haven't worn the stockings for a week now. Is not wearing the stockings a good thing to do? My symptoms were red, swollen ankles. None of the young ladies who attended me mentioned the word "lymphedema". Had exzema several months ago.
The stocings has helped the osteoarthritis in my knee greatly. Anyway what I attribute it to.
Bob
longlegs

Re: WHAT TO DO

Postby patoco » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:35 am

Hey Bob

Wow..it's great to hear your legs have improved so much :!: :!:

I do though caution you about not wearing the stockings. The last thing you want to get caught off gaurd and have resumed swelling, so I would urge you to go ahead and wear the stockings.

Now here's he thing too. If you haven't actually been "officially" diagnosed with lymphedema, I would also go ahead and seek to get a referral to a licensed/certified lymphedema treatment therapist for a complete evaluation. Not only would this give you a definitive answer on the LE, but if by chance it isn't then you can reevaluate the need for the stockings too.

Good Luck! I'll be very interested to hear what they all say.

My best

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Leg Lymphedema