Has anybody else tried Ready Wraps?

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Has anybody else tried Ready Wraps?

Postby Cindy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:00 pm

I have been using readywear wraps for the last 5 month's. I like them and I don't in some way's. I used farrows first. They hurt me more than the readywear. The readywear are softer and wider. They don't cinch up as tight. My husband does my leg's and he think's tighter is always better :roll: I get dark bruse's. :roll: I know they are fairley new so I just would like to know if anyone has tried them ? I know they need bigger velcro strips. They keep comming undone unless we tape some shut :roll: I am going soon for more work on my legs. They need to work on my upper legs. I was so upset because my left leg started to leak :cry: above the knee. I have been free of that problem for about 1 year on my lower legs. :D We have tried to wrap my upper legs but they are shaped like a upside down V so it don't work so well. Very painful and they keep slipping' and have to be re done. :roll: We are open to any help to figger out how to best do this.
Cindy

Re: Has anybody else tried Ready Wraps?

Postby patoco » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi Cindy

I've never seen these before, do you know of a website that I cantake a look at?

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby Cindy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:39 pm

Yes here is all the info I have. The maker is Solaris. Client Hotline is 888-918-9185 . Email is @swellingsolutions.com The name is Readywrap.They are made in West Allis, Wi. I really like the foot piece. It cover's my foot and ancle better than farrow's. And the wider strap's feel beter to me. They are softer too. But they need better velcro fasteners. As for how long they last yet has to be seen. Please check them out and let me know what you think :)
Cindy

Postby patoco » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:56 am

Hey Cindy

Well, duh - where is my brain anyway. :oops: I did see these at a conference.

It actually looks like a good product, but my I would be concerned about them staying put if the velcro isn't strong enough.
What we really really need is a good wrap for the upper leg. I'm like you Cindy, with the shape of my right leg, getting something to stay in place is a very very frustrating experience. I even tried criss-crossing the wrap with wide masking tape, but the bandages still slipped off.

I don't think "It stays" would work on something like this either.

Hope you've been able to stop the leakage. I just managed to get mine all cleared up after a long time attempting too. Try using an extra amount of lotion. I've noticed that I have to really "slop" it on and let it soak in for a while. my skins just is sooooo terribly dry and that causes little "cracks" or breaks in the skin.

I would let Solaris know about the velcro Cindy and see what they have to offer. Paying that kind of price, you shouldn't be having to worry about them coming off like that. if they don't come up with a solution, their not going to sell many.

Sometimes, I wonder if these companies ever let le patients try their products to see how well they work before they bring it out on the market.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Leg Lymphedema