Wittlinger Clinic

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Wittlinger Clinic

Postby cathyrules » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi all,

I have been referred to the Wittlinger clinic for treatment for my legs. Here in Ontario, Canada we are not properly equipped to handle the level of care needed for my legs. I am an extreme case.

I have found their website and am kinda excited to go.

Has anyone had any experiences there and can share?

I appreciate any feed back!!

Thanks,

Cathy :D
cathyrules

Re: Wittlinger Clinic

Postby patoco » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:16 am

Hey Cathy :)

Wow...that's pretty cool :!:

I haven't had any personal experience, but from what others have said it should be very good (not to mention the countryside) :wink:

I think what I like best is that they tend to focus on the whole person insteadt of just "treating" LE. They focus on nutrition, weight, exercise - generally trying to create a whole person health plan. This is one thing I believe we all could/should learn to do and should really be included in the treatments offered here in the US.

Also, as regards diets, they don't go off on some of these "so-called" LE diets (Since there are none clinically proven), but focus on a balance mixture of the food groups.

There are a couple therapies that I am not sold on because of the lack of independent clinical studies though. These include acupressure massage (Pensel technique), Reflexology (truely unproven); and the manipulative therapy (lack of clinical evidence).

If you take a laptop drop us a message or share your experience, I like many others would love to hear about it.

Best to you :!: :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby cathyrules » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi Pat,

I really appreciate your response! I honestly feel there is no other option for me. I have tried here in Ontario and there are many very qualified massage therapists but with the condition I am in I need an inpatient program to get my LE under control before I can start getting therapist treatment in a small practice.

I think that there may be some places in the US that can help but I am still researching them.

If you know of any places anywhere in the US that have an inpatient program for LE please let me know.

I would be very grateful for any help/advice you have.

Thanks again for the response, it means a lot.

Cathy :D
cathyrules

Postby babe » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:31 pm

can anybody tell me about their experinces at the Wittlinger clinic, I m scheduled to be there for 2 weeks in June. I have very bad lymphedema in my leg from cancer surgery. Babe
babe

Postby patoco » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:38 am

Hey babe

Hopefully, if there are members who have been there, they will open up and share.

I haven't been, but from what I hear about it, would sure love to go.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby cathyrules » Sat May 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi babe,

I would be very interested to hear how it goes for you. I am still planning on going there but haven't been able to yet. Please let me know how it goes.

I would love to chat.....send me a message anytime!

Cathy :)
cathyrules

Postby Liatris » Fri May 14, 2010 6:36 pm

Yes, please do let us know how it goes! Good luck and have a great trip....
Liatris

Return to Leg Lymphedema