keeping stockings from falling down

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

keeping stockings from falling down

Postby nancyroa » Sun May 27, 2007 12:11 pm

I use "It Stays" - it's a roll-on adhesive that's used by make-up artists to stick on mustaches, etc :-) This has made a huge difference in my life - no more yanking. My warnings:

1. Don't use too much in any spot because when you take the stockings off, it can take your skin off.

2. Wash legs every night - leaving this stuff on overnight created problems for me.

3. Take a day off once in a while.

4. Be careful when putting them on - I usually get my stocking on, then roll it down, apply the glue and then roll it up in segments. If you get the stocking stuck in the wrong spot, it can be a pain to fix.

It washes out of my stockings easily.

Nancy
nancyroa

It Stays glue

Postby sher82051 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:57 pm

I used the product when I was diagnosed with lymphedema after surgery, and it worked great for holding up the compression stocking. Now that I live in Las Vegas, it doesn't work at all. The glue dissapates with sweat, and with 120 degree temps, the stockings roll off all the time. I am now extremely non-compliant, as bandaging every day, wearing bandages to work, etc. are totally out of my ability.

I wrap when it gets bad, I elevate my leg all the time, even at work (call center,) but I wish someone would invent a stocking that doesn't need glue.
sher82051

stockings falling down

Postby suzeeq » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:54 pm

Hi Nancy and Sher, I'm assuming you are wearing thigh high hose and those are what are falling down. Have you ever tried panty hose? I wear one legged panty hose and they work great for me. It is full legged on the left side, with a full panty up to my waist, then goes down my right thigh about midway. Very comfortable, never falls down. Some come with open toes, some with closed - it depends on the brand and degree of compression. And no glue. It's much easier to be compliant when the products work as they are supposed to. But I can't imagine not wearing either my hose or bandages at night. I am in pain as soon as they come off. I'm perfectly fine with them on. And that reason makes it very easy for me to be compliant!. Susan
suzeeq

other suggestions?

Postby vwhippiegirl » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:52 pm

I was just curious if anyone has used or currently uses any other sort of adhesive? I'm having a terrible time with my stockings rolling I wear knee highs) and bunching in the crevice where my foot and leg meet. I was just curious what works well and what doesn't before I go spending my money.
vwhippiegirl

Re: It Stays glue

Postby seidlerd » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:33 pm

sher82051 wrote:I used the product when I was diagnosed with lymphedema after surgery, and it worked great for holding up the compression stocking. Now that I live in Las Vegas, it doesn't work at all. The glue dissapates with sweat, and with 120 degree temps, the stockings roll off all the time. I am now extremely non-compliant, as bandaging every day, wearing bandages to work, etc. are totally out of my ability.

I wrap when it gets bad, I elevate my leg all the time, even at work (call center,) but I wish someone would invent a stocking that doesn't need glue.
seidlerd

Re: other suggestions?

Postby seidlerd » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:35 pm

vwhippiegirl wrote:I was just curious if anyone has used or currently uses any other sort of adhesive? I'm having a terrible time with my stockings rolling I wear knee highs) and bunching in the crevice where my foot and leg meet. I was just curious what works well and what doesn't before I go spending my money.

i have the same trouble - i had the therapist who made my stockings
put on a wide band and looser. it works for me.
seidlerd

Postby seidlerd » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:42 pm

for those of you who wear knee highs and footless compression stockings
that keep falling down...
i have a wide band on top behind my knee and there is a rubber type
backing on the inside. they never fall down. i have them footless also because my legs are fat at the bottom of the ankle so i have a loose
band there also. they are made by dermafit garments in edmonton, alberta who does an excellent job.

donna
seidlerd

Return to Leg Lymphedema