Posting

***BEFORE YOU JOIN PLEASE READ***

Due to the horrendous amount of spam, we have gone to manually approved membership.

You will be notified via email upon approval.

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Posting

Postby patoco » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:48 pm

Please free to post questions, introductions or even any important tips you have...we welcome them and that is what truely made us a family.

In these forums, I thought we might try something different. I created more forums to make information easier to find.

Please post your questions in the forum that would apply. For example, if you had a question about cellulitis, post it in that forum. That will help our members and visitors find the info.

It is encouraging and a real blessing to see our family members returning :D

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby silkie » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:35 pm

Hi Pat i love this new "home"

I find it easier to find information and i love that I can tick the box at the bottom of each posting I make and i have notification of replys

Thank you Pat for the huge exhausting labour of love to get Lymphedemapeople back on line for all the family of lymphers

Biggest hug from across the pond

love
Silksxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Postby marigold » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:23 am

What an undertaking this has obviously been, to transfer the posts and all the articles. A few weeks ago I had read a post to which I intended to reply, but then did not get back to this site for awhile. Then I received the notices about the change. I hope that I can find that message and respond to it.

One possible confusion for newcomers may be that it looks as if all the posts are recent, until one looks within a thread and sees that Pat has reposted the old messages.

I also notice that a "search" for a keyword only applies to the articles. I used to be able to search for a keyword in the discussions.

Marigold
marigold

Posting

Postby patoco » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:02 am

Hi Marigold

A couple of pointers.

When I moved some of the actual discussions, I did put in the date of the original post. You'll see this just at the top of the discussion.

As for the search..it actually is a better search tool. You can easily search the discussions by defining your search perimters. You can use key words or author.

Hope this helps.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

New Home

Postby joyous » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:32 pm

Good Job Pat on our new home :lol:

Glad to see our family have grown 8)

Love Joy
joyous

Welcome JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby patoco » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:12 pm

Hi Ya Joy :D :D :D

You made the sunshine come out when I saw ya join.

Super welcome home :!: :!: :!: :wink:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

searching posts

Postby marigold » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:33 pm

Yes, the search can be limited...but evidently the problem is that most of the old posts have not been transferred. For example, I can only find *MY* posts of this month, nothing older. (Not that my own posts were what I was searching for; I just tried it to see!). I sure do wish I could recall the post to which I wanted to reply--it was a young woman wondering if anyone would ever love her, considering her malady. Did I dream it up?

Marigold
marigold

Postby silkie » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:57 am

Hiya Marigold

That the site was up and running so soon to me was amazing that all the information was here.

I sent out e mails to members not all of them about a third and i was stuck at the pc 12-15 hours a day doing it for nearly a week

So how the webiste went us so fast is a miracle. can you imagine how much information there was to transfer to get the members list and details before the web was unavailable

that all the old postings are not here seems to a small price to pay
So that the site could be up and running in as little time as possible for our members

Be nice to get a new archive of postings up and running in the new search

from new and old members

hugggggggggggggg
Silks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Like the new site but...

Postby angieboo401 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:16 pm

I admit I miss the general format ... it is probably just me but I get so overwhelmed wondering where I need to post something I am not posting as much.

Love Ya'll,
Angie
angieboo401

Postby silkie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi Angie

when you want to post

If in doubt Family talk cos were one big Family
and were are all here for each other

Hugsssssssssssssss

Silks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Posting

Postby angieboo401 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:30 am

Well duhhhhhhhhh I didn't think about that silkie! Thanks I will do that.
angieboo401

Return to MEMBERSHIP RULES IN NEW FORUMS